Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2010, 02:01 PM

2 posts, read 5,681 times

Advertisements

My benifits run out one week (November 27th.) after the new deadline of November 20th. I'm SICK !!! One week! What do I need to have happen in order for me to get EUC. Does a NEW Extension plan need to be in the works before Nov. 27th ? And if so, What do you think the chances of that happening are? Should I keep filing or what? I've got bills on top of rent and other responsibilities. There is NO WORK up here in North West, Pa.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2010, 03:03 PM

2 posts, read 5,681 times
My Regular 26 weeks is up November 27th. 1 week /7 days past the new deadline of November 20th. Is there any way there might be another extension (in the works) by the 27th. of November. I've talked to people who are or know people who are on EUC. How does this work? I missed out on my extension by one week. My understanding is that if there is nothing @ least on the table by the time my benifits run out, November 27th. I'm S.O.L. Well I need extended help! I do not have thousands in the bank (unfortunately) to fall back on. There is NO Work up here in Northwest Pa.

I've been watching some of the news video's here on the UC sites. Some dealing with the pro's and cons of EXTENSIONS. For those of us collecting, we spend money in stores where if we were not receiving UC,or EUC, we wouldn't be able to do so. Consumer Spending is what is good for the economy correct? Well there are other necessities needed to survive wich takes money besides the paying of the rent/mortgage, utilities, food, car payments and insurances. For those, We need to go to the stores. Well if I and others are not able to get OUR EXTENSIONS, I can't speak for others, but you will not be seeing me in the stores any more. With What ??? Shoot, Wintertime coming up, work's even scarcer than now! I've kind of grown fond of the appartment I live in. I'm just praying that I'll be able to remain here. I'm Scarred ! ! !

Does anyone have any insight at all on what might be in our near future? PLEASE REPLY...

Old 09-16-2010, 10:31 AM

1 posts, read 2,718 times
i have been collecting since January 2010, will i keep on getting my unemployment checks every 2 wks as normal? and for how long will i be able to do so if that is true? is there any paperwork that i need to fill out or will i just keep getting my pay as normal since they passed the extension period?

Old 10-23-2010, 06:59 AM

2 posts, read 4,735 times
I am in the same situation as LOLA4311. Started in Jan. 2010. Compleated the first 26 weels and now in tier 1.
Are the other tiers, 2,3,4 &5 still going to be available after Nov. 2010? Do we move on automatically or is another extension needed from Congress?

Last edited by JAKE BARLEY; 10-23-2010 at 07:00 AM.. Reason: ADDED TEXT

Old 10-23-2010, 07:56 AM

1,758 posts, read 3,833,049 times
New York State Department of Labor - UI Benefits Calculator
http://www.labor.state.ny.us/ui/clai...lbenefits.shtm

That NY site works b/c the Tiers are federal.

PA EB payments end Dec 4, and I think that's regardless of how many weeks you "could" collect. EB is after the Tiers, I think.

Old 11-28-2010, 01:55 PM

1 posts, read 2,214 times
That is what I'm trying to figure out
I couldn't start to collect (in PA) till after Jan 1, 2010
I imagine there are a lot of people out there who started collecting on this date (Jan 3, 2010)
So was the (last) extention designed to cut off all those who start collecting the first of this year or did we get in under the wire

Old 11-29-2010, 06:54 AM

2 posts, read 4,735 times
My tier 1 ran out on Nov 16, 2010. I was told to call the local UC office. When I did they told me that I was moved on to tier 2 fo another 13 weeks of EUC. I am now on tier 2, but if the congress doesn't give another extension I won't move on to tier 3 .
My understanding is that if you didn't move on to the next tier before Nov. 27,2010 you are finished unless the Congress grants another extension.
And with the Republicans now having control of the House of Representatives , that seems unlikely.
Our fellow Americans ( I guess mostly the R's) want the tax breaks for the people earning over $200,000 to continue, but thay want the people who are earning $ 0 and still out of work to go begging on the streets I guess.
We had better all write ,fax, call, email , or show up at their office,of every US Senator and House Reps.
There was a vote a week or so ago that failed to extend the EUC. There will be another vote shortly to give another EUC extension so lets get hot, I already have. The Dems. are out at the end of the year. I hope we all are employed by then.
Good Luck, Jake

Old 12-08-2010, 10:00 PM

1 posts, read 2,045 times
my 6 months of benefits ran out. Called the uc office and they said there's no more euc. So that's it. He told me I could get 1 more week if I can prove I applied to at least 2 places but after that it's gone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania