Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-20-2007, 01:35 AM

101 posts, read 450,477 times

Advertisements

Looking at Altoona as a potential city to relocate to. Just checking different facts about the area, and after checking on some important things like crime rates (which are lower than they are here in Boise, ID!), as an afterthought I realized I should check on other, less important things.

Does Altoona have a mall? And also, what are the grocery store chains in the area?

Thanks!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2007, 07:52 AM

1,518 posts, read 6,667,740 times
Yes, Altoona has a very nice mall. Here's the website: Logan Valley Mall.

You can check on other stores by going to Yahoo! Maps, Driving Directions, and Traffic. Enter Altoona and then along the right-hand side are all kinds of buttons you can click on to check for stores, restaurants, schools, libraries, etc.

Last edited by Dawne; 07-20-2007 at 08:09 AM.. Reason: Added website

Old 07-22-2007, 09:49 AM

2 posts, read 5,406 times
Altoona Pa has a nice mall...I have a beautiful home for sale in a gated community about 60 minutes from Altoona...lakes, swimming, beaches, boating, golfing, great schools and very safe area. And very affordable..check out my home on Ebay..Treasure Lake, DuBois, PA.

Old 02-14-2008, 02:08 PM

35 posts, read 161,728 times
Default Treasure Lake, PA GATED

Sell it. Just over 2000 homes in the Lake, Has 4 lakes, two you boat on. Four pools, one inside. Two golf courses. PGA! camping, hiking, deer in the frount yard most of the time. Skiing and tubing all year, water and snow. At the gate 5- 10 mins from the Mall. A lodge with food and drinks, entertament on fri. and sat. Soon to have town houses on the lake by the tennis courts and club house. Two beatches. Boat docks to rent, waiting list of 2yrs.
Nice place.
VERY LOW CRIME

Altoona is 1hr south east.

Old 02-28-2008, 01:07 PM

39 posts, read 123,819 times
Thumbs up Be Careful!!!

Be very careful, we moved to Altoona 3 years ago and that was a mistake. Don't get me wrong, we loved living in Altoona. We lived in a 4200sf beautiful home near mansion park overlooking the valley. In the morning you can here the whistle at the railroad works in town calling people in and at night the melodies of the church bells. However, unless your retired or in the medical field there is no work. I remember looking at the classifieds and there was only 8 ads for work. That's right, 8! The people are great and I wish we could have made it. Plus, we paid cash for our home. No mortgage and it was still hard. As for the crime......we too loked at the stats before we moved and were surprised by the petty crime. We had a lawn mower stolen, a flag and some minor items all within 6 months. I remember going to get some lumber and a 12 year old rode up on a bike with a car stereo in hand wanting to sell it. We sold 8 months later and moved north of Harrisburg in a small town of 2500 people and love it....hope this helps
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania