Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2006, 05:29 PM

129 posts, read 380,535 times

Advertisements

My husband and I are thinking of relocating to this county in PA. Can you share the best and worst? Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2006, 08:04 PM

2,269 posts, read 7,586,186 times
This is a beautiful suburb of Philadelphia. You have the advantage of being in a green setting, yet you are not far from the city. I would suggest you google it and read for yourself.

Old 06-25-2006, 10:54 PM

538 posts, read 2,457,496 times
Chester and Bucks are the nicest counties outside Philadephia. I lived in Bucks, but went into Chester for job sites and just to travel. All of Chester is nice except the Coatesville area- I would stay away from downtown Coatesville. Also, some parts of Downingtown are a bit run down, but not too bad. My favorite areas are Exton/Lionville, West Pikeland, Chester Springs, Birchrunville; all really beautiful. Very green, lots of low mountains, educated population, lots of old stone houses. If I could afford it, I might be living there now.

Also, Honey Brook is very nice, a bit more rural, more farmland, more Amish, and a bit cheaper. But also further from Philly.

Old 06-26-2006, 04:12 PM

2,269 posts, read 7,586,186 times
Be sure you look in Chester County and not just Chester, which is part of Delaware County, and not nice at all.

Old 06-29-2006, 06:48 AM

What about East Fallowfield, Phish Head??

Old 06-30-2006, 09:06 AM

Default be careful

be careful where you buy in East Fallowfield. Some of the garbage from Coatesville has been spilling over into this area. It a big township, so likely you'll find something. But if you look in the Apartment Guides, some apartments that claim to be located in East Fallowfield (such a cute name) are actually in Coatesville. Marketers are slick- they avoid the Coatesville name because the repuation in Chester County is known as a bad place to live. I saw an apartment located in "New Coatesville, PA".....no such thing.

If you see a place that says its located in East Fallowfield, PA, beware, it could be in Coatesville.

Old 07-01-2006, 06:25 AM

Thank you. We are looking to relocate our growing family out of expensive NJ. I'm a SAHM, so we are a one-income family. There are some large homes out in E. Fallowfield that are pretty affordable for us. I have definitely been warned about Coatsville, but wasn't sure about EF. So the bottom line is: Be careful, but we might get lucky and find a nice area?

Old 07-01-2006, 11:26 PM

You may get lucky in East Fallowfield, but remember, it's cheaper there for a reason. Everyplace in Chester has been discovered by the masses. I like the area around Honey Brook as well, but it is quite rural and there may not be much to do.

If you are flexible with where to live, I would recommend Bucks County over Chester County. I lived in Bucks for a few years until recently. Whereas Chester is expensive everywhere, Bucks has a few pockets left that are still reasonable. Bucks feels like NJ did 20 years ago. For decent prices and nice areas, look in Quakertown, Perkasie, Springtown. If money is not an issue, the best quality of life is in Upper Makefield, Solebury, and Newtown. Absolutely great places to live. I loved living there but unfortunately my job relocated us back to NJ

Old 07-13-2006, 10:12 AM

158 posts, read 814,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by William shivers
I work as a real estate agent in Delaware cty, havertown, but went to school in west chester and lived in downingtown for a few years. Chester cty has definately been "found". If you want a nice size house and land it's the place to go plus the taxes are'nt to bad. But the prices have definatly gone up!! East fallow will put you in a weaker school district. There are certainly better ones in that area. I do like the bucks and montgomery county areas also. Still good value for your money.
Yep. Delaware County isn't too bad, but it's very crowded. Chester County takes the best of Lancaster County (rural areas with low crime) and its a bit more "modernized." Plus it is closer to Philly.

We're considering a move to Chester County at some point.

Old 07-18-2006, 03:25 PM

1 posts, read 9,220 times
I'm also planning in E Fallowfield, its not the coatesville city but its Off West Chester Rd, planning a house in Manchester Farms community. Any idea about this location ..

Any suggestions ..

Thanks,
Jack
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania