Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2008, 02:22 PM

7 posts, read 17,778 times

Advertisements

I'm moving from Richmond, VA to Lancaster or surrounding. Trying to live in a Safe, clean neighbourhood away from Lancaster city/downton & traffic. Yet it needs to be grocery store, eateries etc. closeby.

I'll keep looking for crime stats. How hard is it for a minority to co-exist with the neighbours ?

Please Would love to hear from any people around Willow Street, Millersville, Lampeter, Greenland, Quarryville etc. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2008, 06:44 AM

bump. Please respond .

Old 11-09-2008, 01:08 PM

2,636 posts, read 7,435,786 times
I remember people saying when I went to college down that way is the Lampeter & Quarryvillewhere nice as well as East Hempfield. Don't know much about the other towns other than Millersviile having a college there. Liltitz (about 10 miles north of Lancaster) is a small little town as well. Good luck.

Old 11-09-2008, 08:03 PM

thanks jdhall1. I'll take a look at liltitz. & am looking at E. Hempfield - just didnt know that was the Township name.

I guess not many from the area..

Old 11-09-2008, 09:45 PM

13,254 posts, read 33,541,543 times
We have family that live in the Lampeter-Strasburg area. Strasburg looks like a neat town to live in.

Old 11-10-2008, 06:05 AM

1,742 posts, read 4,344,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cd01 View Post
I'm moving from Richmond, VA to Lancaster or surrounding. Trying to live in a Safe, clean neighbourhood away from Lancaster city/downton & traffic. Yet it needs to be grocery store, eateries etc. closeby.

I'll keep looking for crime stats. How hard is it for a minority to co-exist with the neighbours ?

Please Would love to hear from any people around Willow Street, Millersville, Lampeter, Greenland, Quarryville etc. Thanks
At the risk of insulting anyone, be careful when considering some of the rural towns in the county. They are not very accepting of outsiders, especially minorities. Forget about Lititz. You may to think about Millersville because it's a college town and the residents are more open-minded. Just my opinion. Good luck

Old 11-10-2008, 03:41 PM

thanks lititzman. How about the people in Willow Street area ?

Old 11-11-2008, 06:23 PM

558 posts, read 1,836,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cd01 View Post
Check out Manheim : Manheim Downtown - Manheim PA - Lancaster County Pennsylvania or Lititz. Should have all you need and still close to the city. Good Luck.

Just remember we pronounce Lancaster : LANK-ister...not LAN-caster . When in Rome..............

Old 11-13-2008, 07:42 AM

96 posts, read 343,687 times
You Could also consider York county. A bit less rural. More open to race, religion, life style.
Just a thought .

Old 08-07-2009, 12:04 PM

1 posts, read 2,222 times
I live in Strasburg. It's a great small village. Sometimes it does smell like manure though, pretty rural, but there is a Main St w/a few shops and it is very close to Lancaster (if you go the back way) and larger shopping areas. There is an Inn in the center of town w/a bank, post office, some small grocery stores - is close to a mostly organic amish grocery store in Bird-In-Hand called Miller's Natural Foods. Also is about 3 miles from the outlets, Target, etc. Lititz is also nice and smells better due to a chocolate factory in town, yum yum. Their main st. has more restaurants and unique shops plus a nice park for kids beside the chocolate factory - all w/in walking distance. I like both places a lot and recommend both - check them both out. I think both are also quite safe. Downtown Lancaster seems to be where the crime is mostly - although many love it there due to the low housing cost and convenience - check it out too - Central Market for good farmers market and good 1st Friday of each month shops and art galleries open late. Hope this helps Let me know if you need more info.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania