Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-01-2007, 11:46 PM

2,071 posts, read 6,675,720 times

Advertisements

Hi everybody!

Many people have told me that many people who live in Lancaster County travel far or out of the County for work.

So i was wondering just what type of jobs would you say are in Lancaster County?

Now someone else said the unemployment is very low in Lancaster County, but for the most part people still travel far.

So i'm confused and wondering what type of work is in Lancaster County?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2007, 01:18 AM

1,099 posts, read 4,601,348 times
There certainly isn't a lot of jobs in rural Lancaster county, but I don't know where this idea that the job market in Lancaster is really bad came from. It actually has one of the healthiest job markets in the state. Yes, most people in rural Lancaster county do commute to Harrisburg or Lancaster. But, there is definitely some decent job growth going on, it wouldn't be so fast growing (especially in the $250,000 McMansion department) if there wasn't some good jobs around.

Old 04-02-2007, 08:10 AM

1,742 posts, read 4,324,674 times
Default Jobs in Lancaster County

Most of the jobs that I see that are available are primarily blue-collar. If a person can operate heavy equipment, weld or have the ability to repair machinery they can almost pick and chose where to work. There's an awful lot of farm equipment that needs TLC out here. A majority of the professional type positions are in the cities. As I stated before small businesses are growing here, and they need salespeople, accountants, etc.

You don't need to travel very far to leave the county east and west. I can be in Chester, Berks, Dauphin, York and Lebanon Counties in 30-40 minutes or less.

Old 04-03-2007, 08:38 AM

1,742 posts, read 4,324,674 times
Default Employment FYI

I heard this morning that unemployment in Lancaster County dropped to 3%.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania