Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-23-2009, 05:44 PM

14 posts, read 45,847 times

Advertisements

I'm considering relocating to PA, or MD, or GA and don't know much about the regions. I live in MA and wife wants to move the family a little more south. I'm wondering if anyone knows of a town in which the houses are affordable as in $200,000 with at least an acre.. also this town needs to be no more the 45 minutes away from affluent communities aka million dollar homes also with plenty of new construction that is actually selling. I'd like to live in a town with a good school system and little to no crime... haha is this possible? are there places out there? Let me know what you know.. THANK YOU
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2009, 05:50 PM

1,099 posts, read 4,608,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by madsmomm View Post
I'm considering relocating to PA, or MD, or GA and don't know much about the regions. I live in MA and wife wants to move the family a little more south. I'm wondering if anyone knows of a town in which the houses are affordable as in $200,000 with at least an acre.. also this town needs to be no more the 45 minutes away from affluent communities aka million dollar homes also with plenty of new construction that is actually selling. I'd like to live in a town with a good school system and little to no crime... haha is this possible? are there places out there? Let me know what you know.. THANK YOU
I would recommend living in Berks or Lancaster county and working in the Philly suburbs, especially Chester county (lots of expensive new construction).

Old 03-23-2009, 08:47 PM

5,969 posts, read 9,525,004 times
West Chester PA areas

Old 04-29-2009, 01:53 PM

1 posts, read 1,849 times
If GA is an option for you, I would consider Kennesaw area. I moved here a year ago from Berks CO. PA and can not stress enough how much happier I am since making the move. The people here are so nice, I dont have kids, but I heard the school system is great, very little crime, so many things to do. As far as new construction aka million dollar homes, I dont know much about that, but compared to Berks Co. there are def. more developments and bigger homes being built. I love it here, but on the downside traffic is a problem and well I want to move closer to the beach, so yet another journey begins.

Berks county Pa:
rude people lots of crime
expensive housing
dirty, cold, and smells kinda bad too.
On a good note:
great food
lots of older historic homes
traffic not so bad
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania