Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-05-2013, 10:23 PM

1,271 posts, read 2,582,429 times

Advertisements

It will be a big deal till everyone tries it and realize how bad it is along with being expensive.

I am amazed Starbucks is still open, suppose the college kids and travellers passing through will keep both in business.

KFC, blah give me Chik-Fil-A anyday over KFC, not that I eat that stuff very often. Now that's what you people need is a standalone Chik-Fil-A or a Five Guys. Maybe in 10 or 20 years, one will open up?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2013, 07:58 AM

393 posts, read 1,524,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blauskies View Post
It will be a big deal till everyone tries it and realize how bad it is along with being expensive.

I am amazed Starbucks is still open, suppose the college kids and travellers passing through will keep both in business.

KFC, blah give me Chik-Fil-A anyday over KFC, not that I eat that stuff very often. Now that's what you people need is a standalone Chik-Fil-A or a Five Guys. Maybe in 10 or 20 years, one will open up?
I sure can't argue with anything in that post.

The buffet at KFC probably closed because of gluttony. I remember going to the old Big Wrangler Steak House and we had to step over piles of vomit in the parking lot from people gorging themselves. It's disgusting. It's no wonder the restaurants with buffets don't last along the Strip.

I can't believe the China House is still open. I've never been in there and I have no desire to do so. Why would I want to see a bunch of gluttons gorging themselves?

Old 01-06-2013, 12:49 PM

1,364 posts, read 2,907,477 times
Screw Chik-Fil-A. I'd never give money to a business that brings politics into the forefront as they did earlier this year. My money is not going toward what is basically a hate group (well the owner is a hateful bigot). End of rant.

Susq - Try the Grace Buffet in Montoursville. It destroys the China House buffet!

Old 01-15-2013, 02:41 PM

40 posts, read 100,329 times
The KFC buffet was never crowded when I went in, and anything left to sit on a steam table is ruined in a few hours, so it was more likely a waste.

I do like Chick-Fil-A better. I'm not tickled with their politics, but I also wasn't tickled with the way some people tried to shut them down for having an opinion, and I was surprised at how many groups agreed.

I go to buffets because I like variety, but the food has to be good. And the problem with China House is that it just isn't good. It's gross. I like to try a little bit of things, and nothing there even remotely tastes good to me.

That being said, I'm not a thin person, but I don't take more than 2 plates of food at any buffet, so I don't consider myself a glutton. And I've never stepped over piles of puke in a buffet parking lot, with the lone exception of the time that Ponderosa in Pottsville had something bad on the buffet that made my husband, and several other people who left around the same time, very sick. The only time I see what I would define as "gluttony" at a buffet would be any of the buffets that offer seafood. Then all good sense goes out the window, and I won't patronize a seafood buffet for that reason.

My husband thinks perhaps they'll open up a Pizza Hut Wing Street location with KFC. He's from the Allentown area, and he saw a few down there, and none were in with a Pizza Hut location - all either stand alone or with something else.

Old 01-21-2013, 12:52 PM

They put up a sign last week for the new Weis Market store in Selinsgrove. Only has "coming soon" on it but looks to be big (forget how much sq ft the sign says). All I ask is that they bring back the self check out lanes. It drives me bonkers that both Giant and Sunbury/Lewisburg Weis have them but we do not at either the Selinsgrove or Shamokin Dam locations.

Old 01-21-2013, 03:02 PM

1,518 posts, read 6,669,079 times
I agree, R.J. Most of the time at the mall Weis' there's one regular lane and one express lane open, no matter how many carts are waiting in line to check out. It's very frustrating! I miss the self checkouts.

Old 01-22-2013, 08:07 AM

74 posts, read 178,549 times
Weren't there a lot of complaints about them? I think a number of people just couldn't figure them out which is why they pulled them out. This is not a defense by any means, as I figured the ones who are technophobes could always go through the regular lines. I happen to like using them, as I find them to be quicker much of the time.

Old 01-22-2013, 08:35 AM

1,518 posts, read 6,669,079 times
My husband asked one time at the store and was told that they needed to be replaced and the decision was made that they didn't get used enough to justify the cost of replacing them.

Old 01-30-2013, 01:04 PM

I asked one time over at the mall and was told that too many people were "confused" by them and they didn't want to put the money into fixing them. She also said more cashiers would be added on which did not come true. Every time I'm over a the Weis at the mall I wait in line as they only have one or two cashiers working. When the self check out machines were there I could zip in and out and actually went shopping more. All those who complained about the machines now have longer lines to wait because many of us now have to use the regular lanes. It's really silly to remove them if people were confused.......they can go to the regular lanes and let the people who take the time to learn how to use them have the lanes.

Was wishing Wal Mart would have added a self check out like the store in Lewisburg but doesn't look like it will happen. I now find myself stopping more and more at Giant because I prefer the self check out (Hear that Weis? You're losing money!). Bring back the self check out machines!!!

Old 01-31-2013, 01:14 PM

2 posts, read 3,255 times
Mom was just at Panera Bread today and asked the lady working if she knew what was going in at Ruby Tuesday. She said it was a Texas Roadhouse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania