Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2016, 08:32 AM

63 posts, read 156,180 times

Advertisements

Not much happening on here lately. the only news I have is that the new hotel for Monroe Marketplace (Fairfield Inn and Suites) bid a few months ago. I think T.Ross Bros is the General Contractor but I'm not 100% sure.

Last edited by SakiSake; 07-22-2016 at 08:33 AM.. Reason: misspelled word
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2016, 10:48 AM

Apparently Twisty Freeze has been sold. It is my understanding that it will become an Italian Restaurant shortly. A "Now Hiring All Positions" sign is in the front of the building and the Real Estate signs are down as of yesterday!

Old 08-10-2016, 08:38 AM

24,388 posts, read 23,044,056 times
The closest I come to Selinsgrove is crossing the Susquehanna at Shamokin Dam. But Tuesday 8/9 between 1:30 PM and 2:00 PM I was driving through Milesburg Pa( pretty far away and closer to State College but the PA boards are really lacking in area threads) and saw a big police stop along route 150/144/504 right near the police barracks. I counted 5 cruisers with their lights on and at least one or two more unmarked SUVs as well as other vehicles. There were about a dozen officers and people standing around. None of the vehicles looked like they were damaged from an accident. So what was it all about? Police chase, drug bust?

Old 08-17-2016, 05:48 AM

Looks like former Baily's lot might be getting a new "retail center".

Quattro Development > Home
--Project Update --
Quattro closes on 4 acres of
land at the SEC of Route 11 and
Nina Dr in Selinsgrove, PA and
prepares to break ground on a
new retail center.
April 12th, 2016

Old 09-09-2016, 12:36 PM

1,518 posts, read 6,690,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SakiSake View Post
Apparently Twisty Freeze has been sold. It is my understanding that it will become an Italian Restaurant shortly. A "Now Hiring All Positions" sign is in the front of the building and the Real Estate signs are down as of yesterday!
I see they're open and I wanted to find them online, but I can't for the life of me remember the name. D apostrophe something, I think? D'???

Old 09-27-2016, 07:43 PM

23 posts, read 59,762 times
The old twisty freeze is D'Carini's or something like that. We ate there a few weeks ago, food is good, service really bad. Hopefully it improves.

Old 11-07-2017, 10:00 PM

6 posts, read 18,330 times
Soooo long without any posts!!!

Does anyone know what is happening with the recent work on Lori lane next to Lowes?

Also work is being done across from Monroe Martketplace... Interesting

Old 11-26-2017, 02:12 PM

1,271 posts, read 2,592,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rps85 View Post

Does anyone know what is happening with the recent work on Lori lane next to Lowes?

I have not been on C-D in ages, not sure on that area is that the old Trailer Park area behind the old Bonanza now SleepWorld location?

Looking at things in the area there the SV Mall looks like it may lose The Bon Ton after the New Year as they announced 40 stores to close in 2018, not saying it's going to happen but it's one of the locations of concern and the lease expires in January 31, 2020.

List of stores with the highest risk of being closed:

If that happens, that leaves Boscov's as the only Anchor and the former JCPenney and Sears buildings still sit vacant to this day. Hard to believe JCPenney and The Bon Ton were there since day one, but that's what we will see after the New Year, more retailers going under and out of business. I'm not sure on Boscov's, appears they are doing okay but it's surely going to effect them eventually.

I was surprised that the Kmart by the old traffic circle survived as long as it did, but now will be closing as well. Still remember as a kid buying fireworks every year back in the 70's from some guy who would be parked out front in a panel truck on the 4th, all the good illegal stuff lol and the cops didn't give a squat about it, I'm sure Kmart wasn't even there then, not sure when it opened late 70's early 80's?

Last edited by blauskies; 11-26-2017 at 02:32 PM..

Old 11-27-2017, 02:19 PM

74 posts, read 179,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rps85 View Post

I'm told it may be a Harbor Freight store.

Businesses expand in Snyder County | Local News | dailyitem.com

Old 01-08-2018, 01:24 PM

40 posts, read 101,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blauskies View Post
I have not been on C-D in ages, not sure on that area is that the old Trailer Park area behind the old Bonanza now SleepWorld location?

Looking at things in the area there the SV Mall looks like it may lose The Bon Ton after the New Year as they announced 40 stores to close in 2018, not saying it's going to happen but it's one of the locations of concern and the lease expires in January 31, 2020.

List of stores with the highest risk of being closed:

If that happens, that leaves Boscov's as the only Anchor and the former JCPenney and Sears buildings still sit vacant to this day. Hard to believe JCPenney and The Bon Ton were there since day one, but that's what we will see after the New Year, more retailers going under and out of business. I'm not sure on Boscov's, appears they are doing okay but it's surely going to effect them eventually.

I was surprised that the Kmart by the old traffic circle survived as long as it did, but now will be closing as well. Still remember as a kid buying fireworks every year back in the 70's from some guy who would be parked out front in a panel truck on the 4th, all the good illegal stuff lol and the cops didn't give a squat about it, I'm sure Kmart wasn't even there then, not sure when it opened late 70's early 80's?
Penney's wasn't an original tenant, per se. They had a spot at the mall, but couldn't get out of their lease in Sunbury right away. For the longest time, a wall was where their entrance was, with a note saying that Penney's was coming soon. IIRC, it took 2-3 years for them to be able to open.

Still, the mall is getting scary.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania