U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-11-2007, 06:57 PM

5 posts, read 33,141 times

Advertisements

We're getting disgusted with not being able to afford anything other than our mortgage in Nassau Co. and are thinking of moving to PA. My husband has sent some resumes to co's in Wilmington, DE. What areas in PA are good within commuting distance (say 1/2 hr. drive)? We have 2 children, one with special needs. We're looking for low crime, good schools, housing prices in $250-$350K range. We'd like a suburban area and don't need night life (since we haven't gone out in about 11 years! LOL!

We're really in the beginning stages, but if we get the call and can sell our house, we're gone. We were even thinking that my husband can go down there during the week and rent an apt. until school is out or whatever.

Thanks for all your help!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2007, 07:09 PM

179 posts, read 1,027,010 times
west chester, chadds ford, concord township are nice places not to far from De. Als the ridley townsip area is good straight down 95 to DE, traffic can be annoying coming home on 95 though.

Old 04-11-2007, 09:05 PM

13,123 posts, read 31,505,605 times
Bethel township in the Garnet Valley School District is nice. We lived there for 6 years. There was a big housing boom when we were moving but the school district was able to keep up with it. Very commutable to Wilmington.

Old 04-12-2007, 10:18 AM

1,135 posts, read 3,827,192 times
I lived in West Chester and commuted to the MBNA buildings
in Wilmington for 6 months. Sometimes it took me over an hour
to go 25 miles. The traffic is THAT bad. I tried a few different
ways through Del. or Chadds Ford/Rt.100 and found them to be
somewhat less stressful but in the end it was what happened in
Wilmington city that determined the arrive time. I had a clutch part
and a brake cylindar go bad within 6 months of stop 'n go through
Wilmington. An absolute nitemare !!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania