Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
2,500,000 members. Thank you!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2007, 07:12 PM

2,834 posts, read 10,718,067 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know where this can be seen with good audience participation?
Somewhere within 50 miles of Scranton?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2007, 09:38 PM

32,597 posts, read 77,156,894 times
There's someone in one of my MySpace groups that advertises productions of RHPS every once in a while. I'll try to track her down tomorrow and ask about when the next show is. I believe it's usually held up somewhere in the Eynon/Dickson City area along Route 6.

Old 04-20-2007, 10:23 PM

1,316 posts, read 5,771,616 times
Rocky Horror?! <giggles> I used to see the midnight show many a weekend in The Village - 8th St Playhouse! WOW! That was when I was in 8th grade!!! So lets see - about 1979!!! Cool man! Silly movie, but hey at that age...

Old 04-20-2007, 10:58 PM

96 posts, read 581,321 times
There is a great show in Coaldale, about 3 miles from Tamaqua. It's a bit of a drive from Scranton (about 40 miles I'd say) but well worth it. Anyone want to go? I am always up for a run to see the RHPS midnight on saturdays.

http://www.angelatheatre.net/

Old 04-20-2007, 11:52 PM

32,597 posts, read 77,156,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeLorean View Post
There is a great show in Coaldale, about 3 miles from Tamaqua. It's a bit of a drive from Scranton (about 40 miles I'd say) but well worth it. Anyone want to go? I am always up for a run to see the RHPS midnight on saturdays.

http://www.angelatheatre.net/
I'd love to go. Unfortunately, Lowe's Home Improvement owns my soul and does not permit it to leave its boundaries on any Friday, Saturday, or Sunday evening under penalty of law. If anyone would like to convince the cast to do an encore in the garden center of the Wilkes-Barre Township Lowe's, it would be much appreciated. It would not only serve as a much-needed diversion in an otherwise stressed-out life, but it would also likely scare off many of our annoying older customers who like to poke me and call me a whippersnapper. LOL!

Old 04-21-2007, 01:07 AM

71 posts, read 398,922 times
Default Another 8th Street alumni . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by elfyum View Post
Rocky Horror?! <giggles> I used to see the midnight show many a weekend in The Village - 8th St Playhouse! WOW! That was when I was in 8th grade!!! So lets see - about 1979!!! Cool man! Silly movie, but hey at that age...
Wow! Do you remember the cast? We have started a website for the fans and casts of "8th Street Playhouse" from its humble beginnings to the day RHPS left the theatre.

I played "Frank N. Furter" in my own cast in Brooklyn at the 'Marboro Theatre' in the 1985-1987 area. I was known as "Curry's Angel" at '8th Street Playhouse' from 1984 ish onward.

Anyway, yes, my friend, Dawn, is involved in a Pennsylvania group that does the show, periodically, in different areas. In fact, they are having a convention, soon, the PA people. But the convention is in another state. Try this, http://www.rockycon07.com (broken link). But, to find out for sure . . . try myspace (Dawn has an account there). I will privately send you my myspace account. Dawn is one of my friends!

And you, the '8th Street Alumni' please sign up at http://rhps.intracommunities.org. It's free and there's a bunch of folks from the 70s!!!

Love and Light
"Curry's Angel"

Old 09-26-2007, 08:29 PM

1 posts, read 8,023 times
Default Late post to your quest for Rocky Horror

Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE PA! View Post
There is a special showing of Rocky Horror at the Night Terrors Haunted House on Sat before Halloween.

The actors from the Haunted House will be there to encourage audience participation, so this should be exactly what you were looking for.

And don't miss the Haunted House, it was built by a theatrical production company and is a level above anything else in the area.
Night Terrors

Old 10-01-2008, 04:43 PM

1 posts, read 7,428 times
Default rocky in p

Angela theatre in coaldale. takes about an hour from scranton. they play every saturday at 1130 pm cost i think is like $5
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE PA! View Post

Old 08-12-2009, 01:03 PM

2 posts, read 12,875 times
I am looking for a cast to do a live show of the Rocky Horror Picture show for Halloween can anyone help me with this Mod cut - please use DM feature, and do not post e-mail addresses

Last edited by toobusytoday; 08-14-2009 at 03:45 PM..

Old 08-14-2009, 11:53 AM

2 posts, read 12,875 times
Default rocky horror picture show

where in ne pa is it
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania