Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
2,500,000 members. Thank you!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2007, 06:33 PM

54 posts, read 223,784 times

Advertisements

I am trying to investigate in all these towns and i cant pick one that i feel is for me. can anybody give me some facts about them or can you rate them from least to greatest with why?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2007, 07:45 PM

194 posts, read 279,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan D View Post
I am trying to investigate in all these towns and i cant pick one that i feel is for me. can anybody give me some facts about them or can you rate them from least to greatest with why?

Stay away from bradford like the plague, the area is extremely economically depressed. I lived in Boston and Washington and even I consider it a high crime area.

DuBois is a good bet its where I grew up. it would help if I knew more about you. If your young and single I guarentee you won't like living their if your married you may like it.

I don't know much about Clearfield except I used to go hiking on the Clearfield mountain.

Punxsy is nice but is much poorer then DuBois and there is really isn't anthing to do their. There really isn't much to do in any of these towns you mentioned.

Saint Marys is really nice but very insular you'll have a hard time breaking into the social scene there. If you like the outdoors Saint Marys is the place to be. There are some real good jobs there and it doesn't have the Drugs the other towns you mentioned do. I wouldn't want to live there though because its very inconveniant the nearest mall is in DuBois.

Let me know what your looking for and I'll be able to answer your question better.

Old 04-25-2007, 11:45 AM

1,099 posts, read 4,593,935 times
Bradford is a beautiful town....and it's not any more economically depressed then Du Bois, St. Marys or any other town you mentioned. As a matter of fact, it's probably better off then some of them.

Old 04-26-2007, 01:55 PM

ok any other comments?

Old 04-26-2007, 02:22 PM

2,290 posts, read 3,800,644 times
I thought you said you lived in St. Marys in this thread:

//www.city-data.com/forum/penns...ighlight=marys

Old 04-29-2007, 01:01 PM

4 posts, read 11,324 times
I was born and raised in Bradford and travel back frequently to visit family. Bradford is a beautiful town with wonderful people and a real community-feel. I do agree that job opportunities are very limited however the comment made previously about Bradford being a high crime area is ridiculous. Serious crime is almost non-existant in Bradford. Do your research!

Old 05-07-2007, 06:43 PM

9 posts, read 40,343 times
DuBois is probably the only one of all the places you just listed that is actually starting to grow and fix some of their problems.. its still far from great.. but there are also a lot of new businesses and shopping.. but with all the new people.. crime is going up... a lot.. not that there wasnt already
but St. Marys isnt bad.. just boring.. Punxsy is slowly dying ha.. Clearfield is the same as Punxsy basically.. a little better though in my opinion.. i havent been to Bradford in a long time.. but DuBois is basically the shopping center of everywhere until you get to Altoona, Pittsburgh, etc

Old 05-12-2007, 03:21 PM

Yeah thanks but i just went to St.Marys and they are actually looks like they are fixing it up, putting in new stores and fixing downtown. I agree that dubois is the shopping center of all of them. i still didnt go to punxsy what do they have there?

Old 05-12-2007, 07:31 PM

3 posts, read 15,942 times
I was born and raised in Punxsutawney. It's a great little town. It's funny how growing up all you want to do is leave your small town, now that I'm older, all I want is to raise my family there. And that is what Punxsy is a great for. The job market isn't great though. So don't go there looking to get rich. But if you have any questions let me know. All my family still lives in Punxsy, so i can anwser most questions that you have.

link to Punxsy's news paper http://www.punxsutawneyspirit.com

Old 09-30-2007, 11:27 PM

272 posts, read 905,056 times
I love Bradford, but there are no jobs there. People are great, beautiful country, good schools, but lots of drugs. No entertainment, unless you're into winter sports.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania