Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-25-2007, 08:18 AM

70 posts, read 233,554 times

Advertisements

Whats the major difference in these counties? Which is better to raise a family in? What about pricing and employment?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2007, 02:37 PM

641 posts, read 2,370,893 times
Lancaster co is full of racist people and thugs in the city. wages are terrible, like all of PA. I dunno anything about lehigh but I think it is ur best bet because i hear alot about it.

Old 06-26-2007, 05:41 AM

thanks nr!

Old 06-26-2007, 09:54 AM

1,099 posts, read 4,620,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nocturnal rooster View Post
Lancaster co is full of racist people and thugs in the city. wages are terrible, like all of PA. I dunno anything about lehigh but I think it is ur best bet because i hear alot about it.
I don't know where you are getting this "wages are terrible" in PA stuff. Actually, PA's wages are above the national average....and I know in the Harrisburg area the cost of living is much less then neighboring cities so you get more bang for your buck.

Old 06-26-2007, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by danwxman View Post
I don't know where you are getting this "wages are terrible" in PA stuff. Actually, PA's wages are above the national average....and I know in the Harrisburg area the cost of living is much less then neighboring cities so you get more bang for your buck.
Where do you get that? I lived in Harrisburg for 2 years and the COL was rediculous. And then I moved here to Scranton and it wasn't much better. PA has one of the lowest median wages in the Northeast.

Old 06-26-2007, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Where do you get that? I lived in Harrisburg for 2 years and the COL was rediculous. And then I moved here to Scranton and it wasn't much better. PA has one of the lowest median wages in the Northeast.
COL ridiculous? You are just a troll. The COL around here is very reasonable when compared to just about any metro in the Northeast, but the wages aren't that much lower. I know people who have moved out of the area to Philly, DC. Wages are better there but the COL is much higher. You get more bang for your buck here.

Old 06-26-2007, 03:56 PM

Quote:
COL ridiculous? You are just a troll. The COL around here is very reasonable when compared to just about any metro in the Northeast, but the wages aren't that much lower. I know people who have moved out of the area to Philly, DC. Wages are better there but the COL is much higher. You get more bang for your buck here.
dude whatever. I'm a troll because I couldn't afford to survive in Harrisburg? How condescending of you. I didn't get the memo that we resort to namecalling just because someone else had a different experience in a place from the other. That was uncalled for. It doesn't surprise me. It seems you are representative of the attitude I encountered there when I lived there in the first place. And you people complain that the New Yorkers are rude?

At least the people are a tad nicer here in NEPA.

Old 06-26-2007, 07:53 PM

Quote:
dude whatever. I'm a troll because I couldn't afford to survive in Harrisburg? How condescending of you. I didn't get the memo that we resort to namecalling just because someone else had a different experience in a place from the other. That was uncalled for. It doesn't surprise me. It seems you are representative of the attitude I encountered there when I lived there in the first place. And you people complain that the New Yorkers are rude?

At least the people are a tad nicer here in NEPA.

Well what am I supposed to think when every post I've read from you is negative about Pennsylvania....that's called trolling.

Old 06-26-2007, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Well what am I supposed to think when every post I've read from you is negative about Pennsylvania....that's called trolling.
So just because I don't like PA, I'm trolling. Is that correct? Well that is some crooked reasoning for ya. I don't even come up with that crooked of reasoning when I'm drunk.

Old 06-27-2007, 06:41 AM

Trust me, nice people are a reason why I'm asking. I'm outside philly and sorry for those of you who live in the suburbs here, as I have all my life, it's getting out of hand! People are too damn rushed, ALWAYS on their cell, this makes me mad! Shiit if I could go back in time I would! Anyway, just wanted to know if a place in PA actually exists that has some nice people where I can raise my kids?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania