Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-28-2006, 12:51 PM

1,153 posts, read 3,603,337 times

Advertisements

Looking For Information On The City Of Bedford.......how About The Area Of Osterburg?......thanks.........any Info On The Area Regarding Housing, Schools, Paving Companies.......thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2007, 04:41 PM

222 posts, read 1,411,339 times
breezewood has several jobs and retail establishments. its is where rt 30, i-76 and i-70 is. average place. i have friends from everett, it is okay, it is in the mountains and it snows in the winter. lots of covered bridges.

Old 04-06-2007, 10:10 PM

1,932 posts, read 4,793,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deeds View Post
Looking For Information On The City Of Bedford.......how About The Area Of Osterburg?......thanks.........any Info On The Area Regarding Housing, Schools, Paving Companies.......thanks
Osterburg is a tiny town off I-99 north of Bedford. My chiropractor is there. It's quaint and close to Blue Knob State Park, which offers skiing, swimming, hiking, biking, and has courts for tennis/basketball. Blue Knob is a great picnic spot.

Bedford is a small town located at junction of I-99/US 220(north/south) and US 30 and turnpike(east/west). It is a historic town with Fort Bedford Village and small shops/stores. The county of Bedford has manufacturing jobs, the Wal-Mart distribution center. New Enterprise Stone & Lime Co is a contracting co. that does lots of road work throughout the state. I don't know if they have openings. I do know they do travel to job sites. Not positive of entire economic picture, but traveling 20 mi or so for work within county is only about 20 min drive.

Schools are pretty good and have good sports programs. Crime in the area is low, although there has been an influx of drug activity, usually associated with turnpike travelers from elsewhere. There are some instances of drug activity in the county as a whole, but overall very low.

Bedford is a pretty rural county, lots of outdoors stuff to do, some mentioned above, also to include hunting, fishing, ATV riding. Housing is pretty affordable with a low cost of living.

Old 05-01-2007, 12:13 PM

2 posts, read 4,887 times
deeds, I am a recruiter in the Philadelphia suburbs, and I am currently looking for a paving superintendent and a paving foreman who have experience with large volumes of blacktop, not driveways. does your husband know anybody in the Philadelphia area who might fit this criteria?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania