U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-20-2006, 12:26 AM

1 posts, read 4,958 times

Advertisements

I was considering writing a book or possibly filming a documentary on Marianna PA Mine 58 and local businesses still in existence or from days gone by. If you or some one you know has any photos of daily life from the 1920's on to the present of residents, businesses, the mine or any other photos of Marianna please e-mail me @ esawicky@atlanticbb.net to discuss ways of receiving copies of the photos. Any photos used will be used with owners permission only and proper credit and acknowledgment give. All Photos sent by mail will be returned at my expense. Me and my co-authors would prefer e-mailed photos in any format. Thanks to you now for all the help I hope I will come to find.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2007, 12:50 PM

1 posts, read 4,793 times
Default marianna mine explosion

have one photo of mine explosion
also a few pictures with a little bit of marianna background

are you from marianna?

my grandfather was owner of krusiks store on the main drag

building is still there but has changed drastically.

will try to get pictures sent soon.

Old 06-22-2008, 03:31 PM

1 posts, read 4,680 times
Default Marianna PA

Hi,

I am relocating to Marianna in about 2 months. I am actually buying a home in "West Zollarsville", which is right above Marianna. I was disappointed that everything I've searched for online comes up about the mine disaster, but nothing else. That town is over 100 years old! There's got to be information out there!

Would be ecstatic if any information was available and you could point me in the right direction.

Thank you!

Old 08-16-2011, 07:46 PM

1 posts, read 2,805 times
Default Krusik's

If your grandfather owned Krusik's, then he was John Krusik. If that is true, then he was married to a widow from the mine explosion. And, if that is true, the widow he married had a few kids from before she and Pap Krusik got married, the oldest being my grandmother (Anna). And then, there were many more afterwards... :-)

My father spent his summers at your grandfather's.

Odds are we are cousins.

Bob Kruger

Quote:
Originally Posted by krusik View Post
have one photo of mine explosion
also a few pictures with a little bit of marianna background

are you from marianna?

my grandfather was owner of krusiks store on the main drag

building is still there but has changed drastically.

will try to get pictures sent soon.

Last edited by bkruger58; 08-16-2011 at 08:30 PM..

Old 08-22-2011, 02:43 PM

1,440 posts, read 4,055,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shovelbum401wyfe View Post
Hi,
There's got to be information out there!

Would be ecstatic if any information was available and you could point me in the right direction.

Thank you!
There probably is but remember that Marianna was pretty much a mining town laid out in what used to be farmland in the middle of nowhere. For the most part it still is the middle of nowhere as there really isn't an easy way in or out. That isn't to say it doesn't have history to it but most of it is mine related.

Old 01-31-2012, 08:01 PM

1 posts, read 2,650 times
i grew up in he 1950's in marianna. as a kid remember going to krusiks store and schrontz hardware store next door. still can see the gold fish pond out front like it was yesterday. my father who is 90 years old use to work at kursiks store.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania