Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-30-2009, 09:21 AM

2 posts, read 3,183 times

Advertisements

Can Executive Directors open all incoming organization mail? I know as a resident that it is unlawful for me to open mail that doesn't have my name on it, even though it has my address on the envelope. Hope some one can assist me with this query.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2009, 07:42 PM

889 posts, read 2,574,623 times
I don't understand that? Executive Director of what? ... the organization where you are employer, or your housing situation, or something else?

On one hand a person's title or position does not grand them the right to open someone else's mail. On the other hand, if you are talking about a place of employment, workplace labor laws, and /or any policies you agreed to (signed?) when you took the job in all likelyhood trump this. Those policies will sound like "... all papers, documents, research, reports etc. you produce, create or receive are the property of the company and may be deemed ..."

Good advice: If there is something you don't want co-workers or your superiors seeing, don't have it sent to your work address.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania