Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-30-2009, 12:34 PM

213 posts, read 1,087,412 times

Advertisements

I am applying for a faculty position at Bloomsburg University, but I have never been there. I would like to know people's general opinion of this university as well as people's thoughts about the town. Is it a friendly place to live? Is it safe? Affordable?

What are the best places to look for a house in or around Bloomsburg? We currently own a 3-bdrm home on half an acre and would like something similar.

Any info you can provide would be great. Since we would be moving from MN, this is no small decision.

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2009, 02:04 PM

1,518 posts, read 6,692,333 times
Bloomsburg and the university are very nice. There are areas in town that flood so you have to be careful, but if you want something with a larger lot you should be looking more out of town or on the outskirts.

I would suggest looking between Bloomsburg and Berwick, or out Route 487 toward Lightstreet. Do you have children that would be in public schools? There are Bloomsburg schools and Central Columbia schools, both of which are very good.

This week the Bloomsburg Fair is going on. It's the closest thing PA has to a state fair. It's not as big as the Minnesota State Fair, but it's huge for this area - lots of big name entertainment.

Bloomsburg is as safe as any other college town - there is the occasional beer party that can get out of hand (last year they used snow shovels to clean the debris from the streets) and the occasional assaults and rapes that college towns seem to have.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania