Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2009, 08:29 AM

10,227 posts, read 16,811,894 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny C View Post
^ then you would have had the Rockies playing at 1 immediately followed by the Broncos playing at 4 (most likely some overlap between the games). You can't push the football game any later than 4 because there is only one late football game on sunday.
so what? it's really not a big deal. I can only imagine the knuckleheads at TBS lost more viewers than they gained. Philly is easily the bigger of the two markets and the game ended at 2:15 am ET. It's completely asinine. If baseball has any sense they will word the contract differently next year. Seriously, you can't have a baseball and football game back to back? is it some kind of one horse town? It's certainly not a Pennsylvania city, home to the two best sports cities in the country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2009, 08:50 PM

294 posts, read 659,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pman View Post
good ol' pennsylvania parochialism. If you ask a Philadelphian, they'll say Pittsburgh deserves all the titles they can get, they don't have anything else worthwhile

Sure, if you count nearly endless ghettos and a having massive inferiority complex toward DC and NYC as being "worthwhile".

Old 10-16-2009, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainrock View Post
Pitt has no NBA team and essentially has turned a coveted MLB franchise into a AA team, that cant be the best Sports Town in America. Sorry.

Also The only reason the Punquins are any good is because the franchise goes into decade long funks that helps it continually accumulate #1 picks, otherwise there would be 8,000 fans showing up for NHL games as well.

Steelers have been a rock so kudos there.

The Lehigh Valley Iron Pigs outdraw the Pirates on many nights.

If your opinion mattered at all in this ranking then maybe those points would have some merit. The NBA is a boring leauge that has turned the game of basketball into a joke. College ball is way more interesting and team-oriented, and has an incredible tourney.

About the Pirates, are you actually saying that the city has turned them into an AA team, or did you mistype? Well genius, the city and the fans are not at fault here. Its a classic case of ownership out to make a buck at the expense of the product on the field. After 17 years of this obvious fact, even the most loyal (poor dumb) fans will realize what is going on and stop going to games to support the fattening of indifferent ownership's wallets.

The Steelers alone make a case for Pittsburgh ranking above Philly, because population is obviously factored in to these rankings. If this was a contest for "which cities had the most teams", and its not, then Philly would still not finish first. So be careful what you wish for.

Old 10-16-2009, 09:23 PM

Quote:
is G20 good or bad? nobody in Philly wants it. Pittsburgh's a nice place and certainly needs the help in the PR department. It really reminds me of Philly maybe ten years ago when it started to get the press (America's Next great City, the sixth borough, etc). I thought maybe someone would be happy for pennsylvania, but I guess people in Pittsburgh are too small minded, clinging to their Gods and guns, holin up in their houses shooting cops over some race war.

You really need to stop, you are making a fool out of yourself. One person poked fun at Philly sports and now you are generalizing the whole city based laughable stereotypes? Sounds to me like Philly people get their feelings hurt too easily over sports talk of all things.

Maybe because they not only feel inferior to Pittsburgh in sports, but DC and NYC in everything else. Ouch... well I suggest developing some thicker skin as it would really help with your problems in the future.

Old 10-17-2009, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SewickleyPA View Post
Sure, if you count nearly endless ghettos and a having massive inferiority complex toward DC and NYC as being "worthwhile".
I hadn't realized pittsburgh was endless ghettos
Quote:
You really need to stop, you are making a fool out of yourself. One person poked fun at Philly sports and now you are generalizing the whole city based laughable stereotypes? Sounds to me like Philly people get their feelings hurt too easily over sports talk of all things.

Maybe because they not only feel inferior to Pittsburgh in sports, but DC and NYC in everything else. Ouch... well I suggest developing some thicker skin as it would really help with your problems in the future.
look who's talking hypocrite. how bout them pirates? Philly certainly doesn't have an inferiority complex with DC. I suppose by shwing yourself to be a narrowminded douche you're tying to dispel those stereotypes.

Old 10-17-2009, 06:07 PM

Quote:
I hadn't realized pittsburgh was endless ghettos

look who's talking hypocrite. how bout them pirates? Philly certainly doesn't have an inferiority complex with DC. I suppose by shwing yourself to be a narrowminded douche you're tying to dispel those stereotypes.

Way to misread my post. The douche was the person who started throwing ignorant comments toward Pittsburgh because he couldn't take a little sports trash talk.

Coming from the city who throws batteries at Santa Claus, it's very ironic to say the least.

Old 10-18-2009, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Coming from the city who throws batteries at Santa Claus, it's very ironic to say the least.
talk about living in the past. people boo a skinny drunk guy dressed as santa and people talk about it decades later. I wasn't even born yet, not too worried about it
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania