Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-12-2009, 07:00 AM

30 posts, read 118,272 times

Advertisements

Hello,

Can someone please advise if they have heard of the following company - Computer Information Solutions. They have offices in Carnegie PA but I'm unable to locate a web site or address

If any one has any info or can shed some light I would be grateful

Thanks,
crosado146
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2009, 12:57 AM

1 posts, read 2,884 times
Ms. Crosado,

I saw your note here...My wife has been in toucvh with CIS, who offerred her a job...very strange as the interview with them was entirely via chat. Likewise - we couldn't find any info either. After the interview she was asked to pull togther some research on starting a business in the U.K.

I am uncertain about these guys - and worried this might be a scam of some kind. They do not request any money o anything like that - and they promise $40 / hr for working 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM local time.

They have a facebook page.

Hopefully you have not had a bad experience - but if so let's compare notes.

Pat
Mod cut - please use DM feature by clicking on posters name- do not post e-mail addresses

Last edited by toobusytoday; 10-22-2009 at 04:29 PM..

Old 10-22-2009, 05:08 AM

Hello Pat,

I share your feelings as well as your concerns, my interview was too conducted via chat and have been in contact with a John Terry from this company - sounds a bit like a scam as well as a new business. I am due to start working next Tuesday, I will share any new information as well as my experience with you after the first day.

Of course when I enquired about receiving company information, etc. I was advice as well as ensured that all needed paperwork and materials will be provided on my first day; we'll see how it goes. If I am able to obtain any more info I will email it to you

Thank you for your feedback and will keep you posted

Carolina
Mod cut - please use DM feature by clicking on posters name- do not post e-mail addresses

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmhincolo View Post
Ms. Crosado,

I saw your note here...My wife has been in toucvh with CIS, who offerred her a job...very strange as the interview with them was entirely via chat. Likewise - we couldn't find any info either. After the interview she was asked to pull togther some research on starting a business in the U.K.

I am uncertain about these guys - and worried this might be a scam of some kind. They do not request any money o anything like that - and they promise $40 / hr for working 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM local time.

They have a facebook page.

Hopefully you have not had a bad experience - but if so let's compare notes.

Pat
pmhinclo@comcast.net

Last edited by toobusytoday; 10-22-2009 at 04:29 PM..

Old 10-22-2009, 05:40 AM

889 posts, read 2,574,340 times
If you don't ever talk to a live human being, much less meet them in person, before starting a new job, you are being scammed.

Did you send them your SSN, birthdate, bank account #s, or any other identifying information? If yes, call the PA attorney general's office ASAP.

Old 10-22-2009, 11:21 AM

Thanks for the info - I have not given out any personal info such as SSN, DOB, bank account # - they have not asked for any of this infromation as of yet nor will I provide it unless I am certain this is a legit company

thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeeAye Native View Post
If you don't ever talk to a live human being, much less meet them in person, before starting a new job, you are being scammed.

Did you send them your SSN, birthdate, bank account #s, or any other identifying information? If yes, call the PA attorney general's office ASAP.

Old 10-22-2009, 03:24 PM

889 posts, read 2,574,340 times
FYI, PA has a "Searchable Corporations Database" here: http://www.corporations.state.pa.us/...asp?corpsNav=|

That exact name is not listed.

Old 11-16-2009, 07:26 AM

1 posts, read 2,729 times
I also received a job offer.

Hello,

We found your request on the job employment website that you are looking for a new employment that is reliable and legitimate. We at Computer Information Solution hereby offer you an employment which requires you work at home as our company staff. We are located in PA and we are into computer parts and general office supplies. We have clients in your region that we supply with computer parts regularly and we need a staff in the region to work for the company from home so as to enhance our regular supply to our clients.

The job we wish to offer you entails that you have a personal computer, a working printer and minimum of 200 regular printing papers. You would work between 9AM - 4PM from Monday - Friday and you would be on $40 hourly.

However it is important we let you know that at Computer Information Solution we do not ask any of our staffs to pay fees, cash or receive checks on our behalf or make any payment or invest money on the company, neither do we demand for any payment before or after interview.

Incase you are intrested in this job opportunity do get back to us at your earliest convenience by sending in your resume and we will respond with an interview date which will enable us to enlighten you more about the job position.

Regards,
John Terry
(412) 428-9556 Ext. 1
Computer Information Solution.

This has to be a scheme.

crosado146, how did your first day go?

Old 11-16-2009, 08:06 AM

563 posts, read 929,679 times
Very little info exists about the company and how can a parts supplier afford to pay $40/ hr? Doesn't add up.

Old 11-16-2009, 12:30 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,030,943 times
You should post this thread in the Pittsburgh forum. Carnegie, PA, is in Pittsburgh.

Maybe someone in that forum knows something about this company---or the best way to destroy it if it's a scam.

Old 11-16-2009, 08:13 PM

2,382 posts, read 4,591,087 times
Wayyyy too many red flags with this one. $40 to work from home for a company that is seemingly non-existent? A chat interview? I would never provide a SSN, DOB or other personal info for something like this, yet it would send up a bright red flag that they didn't ask for it. How are they going to pay you? They'd need that info to pay you. Did you fill out some sort of application where they verified that you were at least 18?

And the job itself...they're looking for reps for a particular area, yet you work from home. That makes no sense.

One of the first things I would look for - did the email come from a domain based email address that is the same as the company name? If it came from hotmail, yahoo or gmail...I'd be wary. You can also check the headers for the IP address and see if it is coming from the same area the company is supposedly located in. And even then...I'd still be careful.

Remember - if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
View detailed profiles of: