Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-11-2009, 08:52 AM

13,254 posts, read 33,541,543 times

Advertisements

Just a big Thank you to any Veteran from Pennsylvania that reads this forum. I'd like to let you know how much I appreciate your effort in serving our country. We probably don't say Thank you often enough, but please know that we are always grateful! God Bless you and your family.

Any Questions on how to use this site? See this.

Realtors, See This.

Moderator - Lehigh Valley, NEPA, Harrisburg, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Education and Colleges and Universities.

When I post in bold red, that is Moderator action and per the TOS can be discussed only via Direct Message.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2009, 09:31 AM

712 posts, read 1,972,272 times
Thanks guys.

In my family on my dads side, my dad served in the NAVY from 1954 - 1958, my uncle Bill served from 1956 - 1960, and my Uncle Bob served from 1958 - 1962.

So there was someone continuisly in the military in that side of the family for 8 years.

My grandfather on my moms side was in the Infantry in WW I and also was in the Merchant Marines in WW II on a Red Cross Ship as a look out.

My mom's side of the family was all girls.

My Aunt served in the Air National Guard and Air Force from 1964 to 2001, her husband was in the Army from 1953 - 1963 and his dad was a CB during WW II - one of the Grey Beards, and his brother served in WW II also.

My one Uncle served in the Air Force from 1962 till he retired in 1994.

My other Uncle was in the Air Force as a LT. Col and flew B - 25's during WW II and then moved up to KC - 135 planes during the Vietnam war and put in 40 + years in the military.

So there is a deep military history in both sides of my family.

Old 11-12-2009, 10:54 AM

1,742 posts, read 4,344,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toobusytoday View Post
Just a big Thank you to any Veteran from Pennsylvania that reads this forum. I'd like to let you know how much I appreciate your effort in serving our country. We probably don't say Thank you often enough, but please know that we are always grateful! God Bless you and your family.
Very nice thread. Reading this means alot to me and my family. My ailing father was wounded at Normandy in WWII and, up until recently, never said a word about his experiences. I had known for years that he was a Vet but I never knew the details. However, since he became sick he's been talking about his buddies that he fought with but has never discussed many details about the battle. It was because of his bravery and the courage of all the vets that we are able to live free and feel safe.

Old 11-13-2009, 07:58 AM

563 posts, read 930,157 times
I was in Iraq 15 months with 3rd Cav. Sometimes we wondered what our govt was doing or thinking, but we always knew the people supported us.

Old 11-15-2009, 07:36 PM

712 posts, read 1,972,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WonderingWanderer View Post
I was in Iraq 15 months with 3rd Cav. Sometimes we wondered what our govt was doing or thinking, but we always knew the people supported us.
Thanks for serving our country.

Were you up front in the chit or were you in the rear with the gear?

Old 11-15-2009, 08:07 PM

563 posts, read 930,157 times
There is no "rear" anymore. Anyplace outside your base is called "outside the wire", and you're fair game for ied, snipers, ambush, etc. And often, mortars and rockets went into the camps anyway. Noone has an easy ride there. But to be more personal to your question, I did have a few bad days, and lost 3 friends there. They died for our country and military brotherhood - because nothing about that sandbox (Iraq)was worth dying for.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania