Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-23-2009, 09:53 AM

150 posts, read 425,721 times

Advertisements

i see homes that actually look good for suckh low prices is there a catch and what will my tax bite be.? Also how much suck iexpect to pay for gas and elect monthly ,especially i nwinter?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2009, 09:24 AM

712 posts, read 1,960,916 times
With all the businesses that have closed up in the last two years in Erie. You can buy a house on almost any street in Erie. Dirt cheap, because the banks are taking a loss on the houses that the Yuppies bought and could not afford.

What is a bank going to do with 6,000 houses? Are they going to pay the utilities and pay a real estate agent a 20% commission to sell it? Or will they hire someone internally to sell it for them and maybe pay them a 5% commission?

It's all dollars and cents.

All houses being sold would be a case by case deal, where you do not know what all is wrong with them until you actually look at them in the light of day.

But I will say buyer beware. They might be cheap, but just think about it like this. If you were in the process of loosing your house because you could not make the payments. Would you put a new roof on the house, would you install a new furnace? Would you paint the walls? Would you replace 40 year old windows with something more efficient? The answer is NO!

Then you have to look at the demographic's. The old people are dying and the young people do not want a old house. The white people are moving out of the city and different people are moving in. I am not saying colored's - because even the colored people cannot afford to live there.

The new colored people on the block are Albanians and Bosnian.

IN my opinion, one family moves in and they write back to where they came from and send for more people and pretty soon the whole city is polluted with them. There really isn't nothing wrong with them, as far as the women are concerned. But the men folk brings their ways and traditions with them and not too many people would be willing to put up with their all night parties, where they drink and sing and play loud music and cook a pig or a sheep or a goat. Drive around blowing their horns in their automobiles and rev the engines and the midnight beer runs and the fights.

My cousins neighbors had cars up on blocks in the front yards while they were replacing engines and transmissions. That is a no no in Erie. The rules in Erie is so strict and the neighbors are such pricks that when you break the rules, they are calling the police and the code enforcement officer faster then you can dial 911. They even post the crimes committed that week and month in the newspaper and break it down by the streets where they are happening. That way you know where not to go after dark.

Basically those high society want to be's are turning certain sections of the town into ghetto's because of what they are doing. In return, when no one wants to live there, property values goes down and if you are willing to live next to a crack house, you can get it pretty cheap.

I cleaned up one street in Erie in one summer by just talking to the neighbors and telling them to clean up their act or leave. Several of them chose to leave, and not to mess with me and the people who lived there.

But if you try to do something like that in the ghetto, you might wake up some night with your house on fire and the doors and windows nailed shut.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania