Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-24-2007, 01:42 PM

2,072 posts, read 6,704,836 times

Advertisements

can anybody please let me know how Bucks County is? As far as :

Employment-

crime-

Cost of living-

Housing-

Property taxes-

Shopping -

Also what towns in Bucks County are a safe and nice place to raise a family?

Add any info you wish, Thank You!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2007, 05:52 AM

20 posts, read 88,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Positiveone View Post
can anybody please let me know how Bucks County is? As far as :
Employment- There are a few "commercial" properties around the area, but usually the majority of the people commute to Philadelphia, new york, etc. It all really depends on what you do, the job market is ok there.

crime- In some parts of Bucks county you have crime, but on the whole it's a pretty nice and safe county, there are some very "upper class" sections in bucks as well as "lower class"

Cost of living- I used to live in Bucks County (Newtown) and the gas prices are high, it seemed like everything was so very expensive... the popular restaurants are usually crowded and i find people to be rude... although, Bucks County isn't limited to Newtown and there are some very nice and family-oriented places to go.

Housing- The only apartments in Bucks County are in odd places, and by odd I mean the areas can be questionable, search for apartment ratings on the complexs there... as far as housing, like i said before, there are "upper class" sections as well as "lower class" and there isn't much in between.

Property taxes- the property taxes are moderately low, when compared to New Jersey taxes, around the $3000 range, although this info can be found in a simple internet search as well.

Shopping - Oxford Valley Mall, Neshaminy Mall are right there... and it's not a bad ride to King of Prussia.

Also what towns in Bucks County are a safe and nice place to raise a family? If you are somewhat wealthy, Newtown is very nice, but pricey, Levittown has nice areas and areas you might want to research first, Bristol has some nice sections (but heed same advice as above, research) The northern parts of Bucks County are more rural and calmer whereas the southern parts are more built up and closer to being "city-like".

Old 11-21-2007, 01:37 PM

6 posts, read 55,596 times
Yardley, Newtown and Doylestown are probably the best areas and most expensive in Bucks County. Those areas also have the best schools. The average home price is $450,000. Many New Yorkers flock to Bucks County. It's a beautiful area. Just go online and look for yourself. Crime rate is low. Most people work in Princeton, NJ, Philadelphia or New York. Areas like New Hope, PA are touristy and artsy, a European flair, Peddlers Village which is near Doylestown is very nice and Buckingham is all Upper Scale. The further you go north to Buckingham, Chalfont, Pipersville, Carversville are all country, safe and low tax areas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania