Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2006, 08:10 AM

22 posts, read 183,456 times

Advertisements

I am most likely going to move to pennsylvania and would like to know the following questions.

1. what is there crime rate there
2.what the city/town like
3.what type of entartainment is there
4.Do people in PA tolerate people from NY?
5.How are the schools there?

Thanks I hope my questions can be answered

Freeverrsee
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2006, 08:43 AM

158 posts, read 814,617 times
Well, that's a very open ended set of questions. Where in Pennsylvania will you be moving?

Old 07-31-2006, 08:49 AM

4,416 posts, read 9,140,200 times
It's a very broad set of questions. For the maximum entertainment options the Philadelphia area is the way to go. Every major touring band comes through Philly and there's venues like the House Of Blues-Trocadero, Theater Of Living Arts, Grape St. Pub, Electric Factory, and the Wachovia for the more famous acts. The Lehigh Valley has a decent scene and acts come to the area but not as plentiful as Philly. If you have a Woody Allen Brooklyn attitude people will not take to you. Otherwise you will be fine.

Old 07-31-2006, 10:05 AM

70 posts, read 128,337 times
Pennsylvania is a big, big state. You have to be more specific.

There's some towns in PA - like Lebanon City, New Hope, some of the Lehigh Valley- that seem to be almost half ex-New Yorkers.

Other places, however, are quite "cold" to outsiders. There's been a lot of discussion on this board about reasons to avoid Lancaster. Although some of it is overblown (the Klan isn't "running around" down there like one guy claimed), you'd do best to stay out of Amish country. I'd say the same about the areas too far to the north and west of Harrisburg.

Old 07-31-2006, 10:23 AM

273 posts, read 1,649,793 times
Default Freeverrsee's posting history

You may want to read it before taking this person's questions too seriously.

Old 07-31-2006, 11:55 AM

70 posts, read 128,337 times
I wondered why his reputation was 4... thanks

Old 08-08-2006, 09:37 PM

153 posts, read 563,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lehi
You may want to read it before taking this person's questions too seriously.
ohhhhhhh...now i'm getting how some people operate on these message boards. Thanks for the heads up, lehi.

Old 08-09-2006, 04:38 PM

6,044 posts, read 24,093,179 times
ditto everyone else...Pennsylvania is way too broad of a state to give generalized answers like that. You have everything from small, quiet Amish towns to giant, lively cities. There are places with no crime, places with terrible crime rates. There are terrible schools and terrific schools. There are some places with lots of things to do, and some places with nothing to do. I guess the good part is, you have a great variety of places to consider living. Also car insurance is cheap.

Old 08-11-2006, 08:40 AM

1 posts, read 2,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by christina0001
ditto everyone else...Pennsylvania is way too broad of a state to give generalized answers like that. You have everything from small, quiet Amish towns to giant, lively cities. There are places with no crime, places with terrible crime rates. There are terrible schools and terrific schools. There are some places with lots of things to do, and some places with nothing to do. I guess the good part is, you have a great variety of places to consider living. Also car insurance is cheap.

Low crime here in Nescopeck PA a town of 2,000 or less

Old 08-14-2006, 09:35 AM

11 posts, read 48,369 times
Well one thing Pa has going for it ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,PITTSBURG STEELERS BABY!!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania