Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2010, 07:31 AM

76 posts, read 177,481 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMoss View Post
Never. There are no bad dogs, only bad owners.
That would be incorrect. Ever hear of a pit bulls? Hello?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2010, 09:09 AM

1,483 posts, read 3,160,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Bevis View Post
I think that is a oxymoron, you would like a quiet area, yet you have two dogs!
My suggestion as always is to get rid of the dogs if you wish to find a landlord that would be willing to rent to you.
Either you get the nice house or you have the kids and the pets.
More than likely it will also involve you getting a job also - because I don't know too many families that can live on one income right now.
Personally, I would NEVER 'get rid of' my pets and anyone suggesting that someone do so has never had a pet and doesn't understand that one's pets are like family. You can't suggest someone just 'get rid of' their pets as if they were and object and not a living thing ....just saying!

Old 05-24-2010, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by creative36 View Post
That would be incorrect. Ever hear of a pit bulls? Hello?
This is nonsense. I've known many sweet and gentle pit bulls! It's mankind who has given this breed such a horrible reputation because of the way many of these dogs have been trained. I agree with the other poster (there are no bad pets only bad owners)!!!

Old 05-24-2010, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by creative36 View Post
I think everyone has had a bad experience with a dog at one time or another.
Uh..no. I've been around dogs (and cats) my entire life, not only as an owner, but also as I've done rescue work. I can honestly say that I have never had a bad experience with a dog.

Old 05-24-2010, 10:14 AM

139 posts, read 365,969 times
Hello? Have you ever seen the Dog Whisperer with his pack of pit bulls, or Daddy (RIP) or Junior helping to train a fearful or aggressive dog?

There are absolutely dogs who bite--but they usually have not been socialized by people correctly. Dogs are not humans, and although they seem to have a great understanding when we speak to them, they do not have the ability to reason like humans. Although they certainly have the right to a life free from abuse and neglect, they should not be free to roam and must be supervised and, ideally, trained in the correct manner of behavior. Any dog--Pomeranian to Pit Bull--will bite when it perceives that its food or safety is threatened. People must act responsibly, and then the dogs will too.

Please inform yourself with facts, rather than sensational stories.

One good source: pbrc.net

another:

The Humane Society, which says:

As the breed of choice for dogfighters, pit bulls attract many people who want them for all the wrong reasons. As a result, they are the most abused, misunderstood dog breed—comprising an estimated 70% of dogs housed and euthanized in urban animal shelter systems.

It's a grim situation for a breed whose sweet temperament around children once earned it the nickname of "the nanny dog."

The HSUS is invested in turning the tide for pit bulls, tackling the problem from every angle. We invite you to get involved in our groundbreaking efforts in the areas of:

Dogfighting
The Pit Bull Training Team
Humane education
Spay/neuter programs
Anti-chaining efforts
Sheltering pit bulls
Breed-specific legislation
Positive pit bull stories

Old 10-01-2010, 12:54 PM

4 posts, read 4,497 times
Hi-

My husband and I are also looking to relocate to the Bucks County area. We are both 30 and have a 19 month old and 10 week old. We aren't the fixer upper type, and all we seem to be finding under $550,000.00 price range is older construction which needs a fair amount of work to update it. We found a new construction community call Bedminster Square in Fountainville PA, we think due to market trends we can get a gorgeous house for a great price but we are concerned about resale, primarily because we would like to move into the Newtown or Doylestown area in a few years when our children start school. Can anyone give me any info on this development and area, just want to make a smart decision as we bought a town home new construction in Stamford CT and lost a lot of money on it.

Old 10-03-2010, 09:02 PM

28 posts, read 78,419 times
Default Hi Molax

Quote:
Originally Posted by molax21 View Post
Hi-

My husband and I are also looking to relocate to the Bucks County area. We are both 30 and have a 19 month old and 10 week old. We aren't the fixer upper type, and all we seem to be finding under $550,000.00 price range is older construction which needs a fair amount of work to update it. We found a new construction community call Bedminster Square in Fountainville PA, we think due to market trends we can get a gorgeous house for a great price but we are concerned about resale, primarily because we would like to move into the Newtown or Doylestown area in a few years when our children start school. Can anyone give me any info on this development and area, just want to make a smart decision as we bought a town home new construction in Stamford CT and lost a lot of money on it.
Hi there! I started this thread when my husband and I were moving/relocating from upstate NY to Bucks County PA. We were used to lots of land, great schools, 3000 sqft home, main streets, culture/historical downtowns, etc. So we were sad about our move, but we feel that we find a nice place to call home in PA. My husband and I just moved into Bedminster Square in Fountainville. We've been here a week! We love the development. We bought a home in a really nice cul de sac section (final phase and should be completed within a year I hear). There are a several final lots/sites available so definitely take a look. I understand that you are concerned about losing money on a new construction home, but it's the chance you take. But I will tell you this that would possibly help you - There's a model home that is ready to move in (in the cul de sac where I live!). No work needed and since it's waiting for an offer and winter is around the corner, I think that you can possibly make a respectable offer and feel good about it. My home was already built and was on the market for a little while and we made an offer and got it. We got it appraised and it wasvalued at more than what we bought it for, so we're happy. Pulte homes is a good builder. We have a few little things that the Warranty office will take care of, but we love our home. We love the neighborhood and it's perfect for a family (lots of tot lots and play areas for kids - and lots of familes with children). Also look at Piper homes! We loved Piper homes (great people and beautiful home choices), but the community layout is crowded and the backyards are so small! Not that Pulte's backyards are larger by much, but our backyard was larger than Piper by 13 Feet! The backyard in the cul de sac section at Pulte is smaller than what I'm used to (used to half acres) but we like it b/c it backs up to woods. We're about 10 mins from doylestown and 5 mins from 611 (which will prob be your route to go to work!) and I believe 40 mins from Philly... not sure b/c my husband and I don't need to travel there (yet).

I've only lived here a week. The neighbood seems great. Neighbors are so friendly. My husband and I prefer new homes b/c we are not interested in fixing anything up.. so I definitely understand what you are talking about.

So again, check out the Pulte home that is already built (1 only or do a custom home), check out Piper Homes, Richmond Builders. ALSO, if you can live in NJ and commute to PA for work, try Bucci builders in Mercer County NJ, and Ryan homes (florence, NJ). The thing with Ryan homes is that their standard features are weak.. but of course if money is not an restriction then upgrades are definitely available!

I hope my rambling was helpful

Good Luck! Let me know what you decide to do!

Old 10-04-2010, 07:52 PM

13,254 posts, read 33,507,910 times
Molax,
Please start a new thread with your criteria. This thread is pretty old and as you can see got quite a bit off topic. You will want to do that in the Philadelphia forum since Bucks is a Philadelphia suburb.

Any Questions on how to use this site? See this.

Realtors, See This.

Moderator - Lehigh Valley, NEPA, Harrisburg, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Education and Colleges and Universities.

When I post in bold red, that is Moderator action and per the TOS can be discussed only via Direct Message.

Old 08-09-2011, 06:52 PM

28 posts, read 78,419 times
FYI - moved into Pulte Bedminister Square in Fountainville and Hate it. If anyone is looking to move here in this specific community Bedminister Square. Don't! I do like Doylestown, so nice.. we should've moved there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania