Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2010, 08:55 AM

14,186 posts, read 22,743,952 times

Advertisements

Discuss the ways in which all 12.6 million people in the state of Pennsylvania are exactly alike! Be sure also to use the following buzzwords in your post:

- Forward
- Backward
- Time
- Old
- Young
- Stuck
- Open-minded
- Close-minded
- Women
- Fashion
- Diversity
- Progressive
- Educated
- Classy
- Enlightened
- Racism
- Redneck
- Yinzer
- Outsiders
- Insular
- Parochial
- Depressing
- Slow
- Change
- Potholes
- "Other cities"
- "Other states"
- "Leaving in droves"

Hey, if we're all gonna have a cry-fest, let's do it in this topic!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2010, 09:23 AM

1,000 posts, read 2,351,745 times
WHY DO YOU HATE PROGRESS?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Old 03-29-2010, 09:53 AM

4,927 posts, read 14,215,138 times
I like Pennsylvanias provincial nature. Sort of sets itself apart from the rest of the country. The only other area it would relate to imo is perhaps New England. Uniqueness is an outstanding quality to possess.

My only fears are the onslaught of NYers heading into E Pa and the growing lower class refusing to assimilate into soceity.

Last edited by rainrock; 03-29-2010 at 10:04 AM..

Old 03-29-2010, 09:58 AM

14,186 posts, read 22,743,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TelecasterBlues View Post
WHY DO YOU HATE PROGRESS?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Because I'm a parochial, provincial, backward-thinking Pittsburgher who's close-minded and behind the times!

Old 03-29-2010, 08:18 PM

1,263 posts, read 4,938,445 times
Well, we Pennsylvanians would like to be open-minded, with a great sense of fashion and live in areas of great diversity. But instead many of us seem to come off backward, stuck in a time that no longer exists. I'm no Redneck, not even a Yinzer (only visited fair Pittsburgh twice so far), yet at times my existence here in PA does seem rather depressing.

It appears that all the nice young women like me have been leaving in droves for other cities and other states where people are more classy, progressive, and educated. But I'm just gonna stay here in my close-minded little town, working at the parochial school.

Looking forward, I would prefer to be surrounded by more of my own kind. Don't try to make me enlightened! Don't accuse me of racism! I like my Old-Time values. Why can't I be fearful of outsiders? Things were never done like this before!! Sure progress is OK, but let's take it SLOW.

In conclusion, I'd just like to say that nothing ever really gets better in PA except for the potholes, they definitely show lots & lots of progress

Old 03-29-2010, 08:27 PM

2,539 posts, read 4,086,723 times
Thumbs up Ditto

Quote:
Originally Posted by karen_s View Post
Well, we Pennsylvanians would like to be open-minded, with a great sense of fashion and live in areas of great diversity. But instead many of us seem to come off backward, stuck in a time that no longer exists. I'm no Redneck, not even a Yinzer (only visited fair Pittsburgh twice so far), yet at times my existence here in PA does seem rather depressing.

It appears that all the nice young women like me have been leaving in droves for other cities and other states where people are more classy, progressive, and educated. But I'm just gonna stay here in my close-minded little town, working at the parochial school.

Looking forward, I would prefer to be surrounded by more of my own kind. Don't try to make me enlightened! Don't accuse me of racism! I like my Old-Time values. Why can't I be fearful of outsiders? Things were never done like this before!! Sure progress is OK, but let's take it SLOW.

In conclusion, I'd just like to say that nothing ever really gets better in PA except for the potholes, they definitely show lots & lots of progress
Ditto karen.

Old 03-29-2010, 08:30 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,855,270 times
Hahaha Pa is ok, just sucks in the winter.

Old 03-29-2010, 10:08 PM

1,000 posts, read 2,351,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnutella View Post
Because I'm a parochial, provincial, backward-thinking Pittsburgher who's close-minded and behind the times!
GRRRRRRRRRRR YOU DAMNED HIPPIE!!!!!!

Old 03-29-2010, 11:32 PM

1,719 posts, read 4,181,798 times
I'm miserable!!!! AHHHH!!!!!!!!!! I'm so miserable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 03-30-2010, 11:21 AM

Location: Just East of the Southern Portion of the Western Part of PA
1,272 posts, read 3,707,644 times
The winter sucks sooooo bad. I hate skiiing and sledding and seeing the white snow fall on the hemlocks.

MIIIIISSSSEEERRRAAAABBBLLEEEE!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania