Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Pensacola
 [Register]
Pensacola Escambia County, Santa Rosa County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-25-2010, 07:55 PM

8 posts, read 19,099 times

Advertisements

We are possibly looking at moving to the Pensacola area, and I was just wondering if I could get some suggestion on family oriented neighborhoods in the Pensacola area. Interested in community, schools, churches, property taxes. Hoping for some info that will help in MLS searches.

Thanks!

Mom
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2010, 09:42 PM

13,900 posts, read 9,767,894 times
I don't know much about Pensacola, but I've read people say to stay clear of Warrington.

Old 07-28-2010, 10:10 AM

2 posts, read 9,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedmomofmany View Post
We are possibly looking at moving to the Pensacola area, and I was just wondering if I could get some suggestion on family oriented neighborhoods in the Pensacola area. Interested in community, schools, churches, property taxes. Hoping for some info that will help in MLS searches.

Thanks!

Mom
Pensacola is a great place to live. Although there are nice areas (and not-so-nice areas) all around the city, I'd recommend you look on the northeast side of town, off Spanish Trail--"surburbia" within the city limits. You'll find miles of beautiful mature neighborhoods/developments on the northeast side. Also nice neighborhoods along the Bayou, south of Cordova Mall and in East Hill. Washington HS generally racks up the top SAT scores among the city schools. Pace--further out to the northeast, toward Milton--is a much newer suburban area. And Gulf Breeze--on a peninsula between the city and P-cola Beach--is also very nice.

Both Pace and GB have great school systems. Downside to Pace is that it's a haul into town. Downside to GB is that when hurricanes roll in, they regularly get whacked.

We settled on northeast Pensacola, about 6 or 7 miles in from the beach, east of the airport (flights take-off & land north & south). Still only 10 minutes from the Gulf, but we escaped the wrath of the 'canes. Kids got a great education--both now have graduate degrees from top schools in the northeast--and like everyone who ever lives in Pensacola, have always loved the area. Have fun!

Old 07-04-2018, 05:54 PM

1 posts, read 3,179 times
What does that mean " a haul into town "??? I was thinking about moving to Pace this spring! What is the name of better towns to live that you have the white sands and affordable homes like Pace have , Crestview? Milton? Need to relocate from midwest

Last edited by Doreen Overbey; 07-04-2018 at 06:02 PM.. Reason: Forgot to add additional questions

Old 07-05-2018, 07:23 AM

599 posts, read 276,399 times
First, welcome to CD.
This thread is 8 years since the last post, sometimes better to begin a new one. That said...I found your post because I subscribe to the Pensacola sub and I'm considering a move there too.
Have you spent any time in the area, and doing your own research? Nothing better than first hand info.
My answer to the "long haul" question is it's a long way. I'm not from the area, but alot can change in 8 years. It wouldn't change the distance, but road improvemen's could make the drive more bearable.
Good luck!

Old 07-05-2018, 08:09 AM

1,848 posts, read 3,725,658 times
Pace is a about a 25-30 minute drive to Pensacola, depending on traffic and where you are going. As it gets more densely populated of course that brings more traffic. Pace is getting very popular. It takes longer to get to the beach, as that means crossing the bridge and more traffic.

When you say "white sands" do you mean on the nearby beaches? As Pace, Crestview nor Milton have beaches. All are at least 45 minutes to beaches. Crestview is getting very, very crowded, which means a lot of traffic, but that is primarily heading to and from the Base in the morning and afternoon.

And "affordable" is subjective, what is your budget? Do you need schools? A job?

Last edited by slduvall; 07-05-2018 at 08:10 AM.. Reason: had to remove what my kitten "typed"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Pensacola