Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Pensacola
 [Register]
Pensacola Escambia County, Santa Rosa County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-20-2010, 03:31 AM

29 posts, read 130,931 times

Advertisements

I have decided to take a risk and sell my house here in Missouri aka: misery and move to Florida! I fell in love with it on my honeymoon to Destin last summer. I am in my mid twenties, married, and no kids... yet. I am a RN and I feel pretty confident I will be able to find a job there, as the agency I work for now has an office in Pensacola. My husband was disabled in a motorcycle accident about a year ago so we don't have to worry about looking for work for him. We want to move before we have kids so we don't get "stuck" here. I would love to hear any advice on relocating. Also any info on the town of Gulf Breeze would be wonderful! The plan I have come up with is if/when we sell our house, to rent an apartment down there so we can take our time looking for the house we really want instead of buying the first thing we can get just to have a place to live. Any advice you have to give would be great, Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2010, 08:36 AM

13,261 posts, read 22,673,490 times
Sounds like you've got a very sensible plan. Gulf Breeze proper is a nice small town/suburb of Pensacola. I don't think there are a ton of apartment options there, so you'd probably be looking more townhouse or small single family home. You pay a premium to live there because it's god good schools and is a short commute to downtown Pensacola. The area east of Gulf Islands National Seashore is outside the city limits, but has a Gulf Breeze zip code. Nice area; perfectly safe with good schools and all that but US 98 is seen as a very unpleasant commuting road and it's only going to get worse when the population in Santa Rosa County really starts to grow again. The upside is that it's significantly cheaper to live east of Gulf Islands instead of in 'The Proper'.

Holley by the Sea has a really a great recreation complex as part of the development. If your husband does some swimming, water aerobics, or water exercise as part of physical therapy, their pools are excellent and the HOA fees for it are probably equal or cheaper to what you'd pay for an off-site gym. It's also probably as far east as I'd want to go if I was commuting to Pensacola for work.

Old 12-20-2010, 09:10 AM

2,267 posts, read 7,303,064 times
Try to get a job at the hospital in Gulf Breeze or maybe Andrews Institute. You will so much happier not having to commute to Pensacola.

Old 12-21-2010, 12:46 AM

29 posts, read 130,931 times
Thanks so much for the replies and the great advice!

Old 12-21-2010, 12:58 AM

18,929 posts, read 43,254,623 times
Do you really NEED to live in Gulf Breeze? Once you live down here you will get tired of going to the beach all the time. Real estate is a little cheaper further inland in areas like Pace and Milton.

Old 12-21-2010, 08:38 AM

2,267 posts, read 7,303,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernnaturelover View Post
Do you really NEED to live in Gulf Breeze? Once you live down here you will get tired of going to the beach all the time. Real estate is a little cheaper further inland in areas like Pace and Milton.
Trust me, living in Gulf Breeze is way better than further inland. Cost is not everything.

Old 09-29-2011, 11:54 AM

4 posts, read 8,172 times
Check out the arrests and crime of burglary /theft it is high

Old 10-13-2011, 02:26 PM

3 posts, read 5,928 times
I've been a Realtor here since retiring from the Navy and a PRN Nurse. One thing I have to say is that Gulf Breeze is very family oriented but there are a lot of great places in Pensacola such as East Hill which is closer to the fun downtown atmosphere.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Pensacola