Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Pensacola
 [Register]
Pensacola Escambia County, Santa Rosa County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2011, 09:39 PM

64 posts, read 204,429 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernnaturelover View Post
The best parts of Pensacola generally are east of Davis Hwy around the airport. West Pensacola (aka Brownsville) is the worst, and the Brent area is also a bit trashy.
okay thanks for the info
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2011, 04:11 PM

119 posts, read 310,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonya100 View Post
okay thanks for the info

North Hill is by far the nicest part of town but it is next to a ghetto but the ghettos in pensacola are not so bad.... at least compared to Miami....

most of them are scared of white people when white's flex their muscles and they are very respectful here 80% of the time...

Pensacola is like 80% White ... the West side is spotty.... but there are some nice areas... even Warrington has some nice parts to it and it is the ghettoest part stay away from Gulf Beach Highway though that is really hoodish looking

Old 01-29-2011, 05:55 PM

2,266 posts, read 7,299,595 times
Quote:
most of them are scared of white people when white's flex their muscles and they are very respectful here 80% of the time...
Yup, people in Pensacola actually think like this. Amazing!

Old 08-26-2011, 03:52 AM

7 posts, read 13,509 times
would love to live there. where did u end up?

Old 04-26-2012, 06:31 PM

3 posts, read 5,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by American1476 View Post
North Hill is by far the nicest part of town but it is next to a ghetto but the ghettos in pensacola are not so bad.... at least compared to Miami....

Pensacola is like 80% White ... the West side is spotty.... but there are some nice areas... even Warrington has some nice parts to it and it is the ghettoest part stay away from Gulf Beach Highway though that is really hoodish looking
The bold is referring to the poor, uneducated local African Americans from here who lived here for generations, never been out of Pensacola with the Deep South mentality (white is right).

But for the Blacks (especially Northerners) who are educated and not from the area, would not tolerate "massa's-mess". I personally had to "check" a few pompous Southern White white folks to go somewhere else with that mess. Never had a problem since....

Old 04-26-2012, 08:36 PM

96 posts, read 277,373 times
Welcome to Pensacola, Tonya! We moved here about a year and a half ago and we love it. I did alot of my research on city-data and found that Navarre was the place for us. I work in Pensacola and it takes me about 35-40 min to get to work. Navarre is down the road from Gulf Breeze.
We have the most beautiful beaches that we feel like any day off we can make it a vacation day.
Are you moving because of employment? There are many different choices for where you might like to live. Out in the country or by the beaches.....
I am still learning alot about the area, but our family is glad that we are here!

Old 06-01-2012, 12:30 AM

129 posts, read 378,815 times
[quote=American1476;17623130]North Hill is by far the nicest part of town but it is next to a ghetto but the ghettos in pensacola are not so bad.... at least compared to Miami....

Pensacola is like 80% White ... the West side is spotty.... but there are some nice areas... even Warrington has some nice parts to it and it is the ghettoest part stay away from Gulf Beach Highway though that is really hoodish looking[/QUOT[/i]

Did I actually read the above in 2012?????

Old 06-01-2012, 12:14 PM

18,923 posts, read 43,211,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by American1476 View Post

Black people in Pensacola are certainly NOT "scared of white people", if anything it's the other way around. And Pensacola is around 60% white, not 80%.

Old 12-05-2014, 01:20 PM

1 posts, read 2,816 times
What about the Myrtle Grove area? Sorry to resurrect an old thread but I too am planning a move to Pensa next month. I see a nice townhouse for rent in the Myrtle Grove neighborhood. Is it a safer neighborhood?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Pensacola