Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Pensacola
 [Register]
Pensacola Escambia County, Santa Rosa County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-01-2013, 06:12 PM

34 posts, read 124,376 times

Advertisements

What are your thoughts and opinions about the Pace area?
We're thinking about moving there or close.

Good place to live? High crime? Low crime?
Restaurants? Shopping?

Anything you'd like to share... 'preciate your input.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2013, 06:20 PM

317 posts, read 825,720 times
Beachn~ Welcome to the forum. I would recommend using the "search this forum" function. It's four inches from the top on the left hand side of the screen. There are 92 threads that mention Pace. A few might chime in and tell you about the town, but you will find out a lot more by reading the archives. Good luck.

Old 06-02-2013, 05:00 AM

I did the search function and there were only a few mentions for 2013, most were pretty old and/or irrelevant.
I was hoping for some current info.
Thanks for the welcome!

Old 06-17-2013, 06:19 PM

Update:

FWIW... I just spent a week scouting areas around P'cola. My observations are...
Pace, western P'cola & Perdido (along Lillian & 98) seem to suit my needs and lifestyle. Lot's of good waterfront offerings in western. I will prolly chose one or the other.
City proper ain't my cup of tea for residence, but good for dining & nightlife.
Milton is on life support,
Bagdag is already dead.

YMMV

Old 06-18-2013, 11:39 AM

18,949 posts, read 43,565,220 times
LOL. Pace is for people fleeing the crime of Pensacola. Milton isn't too bad, but it's older and hasn't seen new development like Pace has. Milton was already an established town while Pace was nothing but pine trees and cow pastures.

Old 07-03-2013, 09:16 PM

127 posts, read 431,669 times
we just moved into pace a couple weeks ago and so far like it a lot, pretty quiet town that has all the big box retail you need, nice small niche stores for odds and ends antiques ect.

pace has a lot of new houses to look at and a mix of older homes. have not yet found any real traffic to speak of. some of the area is farm like which I find great and found a super farm stand for fresh veggies that cant be beat for quality and price.

Old 07-13-2013, 11:27 AM

147 posts, read 595,757 times
Compared to Pensacola, Pace is great. Some may not think so but I have different reasons than others. Pace is growing, it's newer and the people are you standard middle-class Americans who are pretty friendly. There are a lot more newer neighborhoods as well, you just have to do your research to find them. The school system is great, I graduated from Pace High in 2008 and it is a fantastic school.

Those things aside, there isn't much to do unless you take the 15 to 20 minute drive into Pensacola. There are plenty of new restaurants, a new target, a new walmart, and many other small business but there is no mall or anything to that effect.

Having said that, I still don't find Pensacola fantastic and will be moving when I complete my third degree. The beaches are wonderful, the gulf breeze area is nice, but Pensacola on the whole (including Pace) is not that interesting. Our mall is sub-bar at best. If you have a family with young children I think you'll be very happy in Pace. Those who are single and young or just out of college will not enjoy it much.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Pensacola