Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Pensacola
 [Register]
Pensacola Escambia County, Santa Rosa County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-29-2007, 10:30 PM

8 posts, read 25,068 times

Advertisements

Moved here from ny originally from memphis.we love pensacole after a year in ny
its great to be where people are truly friendly.
our problem is weve been here for 3 weeks and cant find work as of the 11th of dec we have to pay rent or go. now im not here to ask for money but to see if anyone can give us some leads on work.
ive been in the air conditioning field for 30 years and was an instructor at a vo tec school for over a year in nyc. my wife is a certified medical assistant.
sounds crazy both of our trades should be in demand in pensacola but we have sent more that 50 resumes those few that answere us want to wait till after new years to hire even the ones that have ran ads in the pnj newspaper. im not into asking for welfare not that i would get it anyway i want to work and so does my wife. ive even went through the phone book calling companies been to employment agency all the online job serches.

now we have excellent references and not on the ten most wanted list

CAN ANYONE HELP GIVE US A LEAD ON A JOB WERE EVEN SO LOW ON FUNDS WE CANT MOVE.AND REALLY DONT WANT TO WE LOVE IT HERE.

SORRY FOR RAMBLING
JOHN
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2007, 03:47 AM

2,313 posts, read 3,192,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natjon View Post
Moved here from ny originally from memphis.we love pensacole after a year in ny
its great to be where people are truly friendly.
our problem is weve been here for 3 weeks and cant find work as of the 11th of dec we have to pay rent or go. now im not here to ask for money but to see if anyone can give us some leads on work.
ive been in the air conditioning field for 30 years and was an instructor at a vo tec school for over a year in nyc. my wife is a certified medical assistant.
sounds crazy both of our trades should be in demand in pensacola but we have sent more that 50 resumes those few that answere us want to wait till after new years to hire even the ones that have ran ads in the pnj newspaper. im not into asking for welfare not that i would get it anyway i want to work and so does my wife. ive even went through the phone book calling companies been to employment agency all the online job serches.

now we have excellent references and not on the ten most wanted list

CAN ANYONE HELP GIVE US A LEAD ON A JOB WERE EVEN SO LOW ON FUNDS WE CANT MOVE.AND REALLY DONT WANT TO WE LOVE IT HERE.

SORRY FOR RAMBLING
JOHN
Take any job till something opens up in your field. It doesn't matter if you wash dishes, it is only temporary.

Old 11-30-2007, 05:35 AM

272 posts, read 1,531,492 times
I agree with Macguy.
A lot of the stores like Target and Walmart usually hire extra holiday help at this time of year. I know the Target in Mary Esther had a sign up for holiday help last weekend. Also UPS and FedEx hire extra people over Christmas as well, to help sort the excess packages.

Has your wife checked with any of the home health agencies?

Maybe a temporary agency or labor staffing company such as Manpower, Able Body Labor, Landrum Staffing, or Express Personnel.

Have you expanded your search outside of Pensacola?

Ordinarily your jobs should be in demand in this area. I know the air repair co. I use was desperate for help back in June (they're in Niceville). I think the problem is the time of year. I'm not surprised that people are holding off on hiring until after the first of the year. Try to find something temporary to hold you over for another month or so until the hiring loosens up. Good luck!

Old 11-30-2007, 04:24 PM

5,701 posts, read 24,161,036 times
Get a phone book and call the local AC/heating shops, this time of the year they go crazy hiring people because most of the AC/heater units will fail. Most jobs will pay from $13.00 to $17.00

For your wife contact Secret Heart and/or Baptists Hospital human resources many jobs available. Also contact the senior homes facilities many looking for additional personnel during the holidays.

Also check HR websites such as Kelly Services and Manpower they are the one of the sources for employment for the medical field.

Best of luck...

Old 12-01-2007, 03:11 AM

8 posts, read 25,068 times
Default sunrico90 from couple needs help

Thank you for the information you are one positive response out of how many people that visit this site.

as i said in my posting people here are friendly and im sure the majority are very good people.
originaly from Memphis i see the difference,not that its difficult, florida like other southern states once was of basic values now its the good samaratin story except in much larger preportions.

at any rate thanks and ill try some of the suggestions you gave.

the washing dishes idea from another responder dont work for me. it might pay my gas to and from but not much more.

and please before anyone responds to my last statement no im not too good to wash dishes

thanks agian sunrico and have a nice day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Pensacola