Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Pensacola
 [Register]
Pensacola Escambia County, Santa Rosa County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2014, 07:35 PM

28 posts, read 53,849 times

Advertisements

Looking at the possibility of relocation to Niceville, FL and wondered if anyone is aware of a new housing development by Huff Homes in Bluewater Bay area? I thought it was advertised as a new waterfront development coming soon to BWB. Is anyone familiar with Huff Homes as builders? Quality, style?

Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2014, 09:04 PM

11 posts, read 29,898 times
I don't think there is anywhere to build a development in Bluewater Bay at this point. They have a community coming up off of "Bayshore Drive", maybe that's what you're thinking of? They also have the Stables up by Rocky Bayou, and Magnolia Woods off of South Palm near Bayshore. Also, I think there is another development going in up near the old airport that will be another Bluewater Bay area, Ruckel is developing it. I think 11k acres or something like that with multiple subdivisions/hamlets within the entire subdivision. Huff builds a great home, and they are very available after the purchase to tweak anything you need. They work with you and the homes have great integrity. This coming from someone who lives in a new Huff community. Great people.

Old 02-18-2014, 09:36 PM

Yes, Brookeof4, it must be the Bayshore Drive area that I was thinking of. Do you know if that is a desirable area with local schools, etc. ? How close to Eglin AFB? Are there any other developments that would be great for a young professional couple? Thanks for any information in advance. Any other waterfront communities that have nice, updated homes with community amenities?

This is the link from the website that I saw..http://huffhomescommunities.net/bays...ity-niceville/

Old 02-21-2014, 07:11 AM

207 posts, read 752,506 times
Bayshore is not in Bluewater Bay. It is a straight 10 minute drive to both the high school and middle schools. It is about 15 minutes to the Eglin gate..so very convenient to both. The only negative is to reach Bayshore you must drive though some older run down neighborhoods..

Old 04-22-2014, 08:17 PM

11 posts, read 29,898 times
Default Swift Creek?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbovine View Post
Yes, Brookeof4, it must be the Bayshore Drive area that I was thinking of. Do you know if that is a desirable area with local schools, etc. ? How close to Eglin AFB? Are there any other developments that would be great for a young professional couple? Thanks for any information in advance. Any other waterfront communities that have nice, updated homes with community amenities?

This is the link from the website that I saw..http://huffhomescommunities.net/bays...ity-niceville/

Swift creek, swift creek plantation and magnolia plantation all come to mind. They all have community pools I believe. Honestly, if you are a young professional couple, I recommend you move to Destin. There is literally NOTHING to do in Niceville. People might say there is, and I suppose if you have a boat, there may be, but no. There isn't Destin has a lot more to offer to a nice young couple, and Destin Elementary is just as highly rated as Plew or any other Niceville school (aside from Bluewater which is the best in the state). Bluewater would be another option, as it is closer to Destin, but it is slim to none for new construction over there. I hope this helps?

Old 04-29-2014, 11:22 AM

1,848 posts, read 3,727,068 times
We are building a house in Swift Creek, and that is the only subdivision (of new builds) that has a pool. Swift Creek Plantation and the Reserve at Swift Creek (both across the street from Swift Creek) don't have community pools or access to the Swift Creek pools. I don't think Magnolia has a pool, and The Stables over in Rocky Bayou doesn't either.

Old 05-08-2014, 12:19 PM

Default Building a New home in SC

Quote:
Originally Posted by slduvall View Post
We are building a house in Swift Creek, and that is the only subdivision (of new builds) that has a pool. Swift Creek Plantation and the Reserve at Swift Creek (both across the street from Swift Creek) don't have community pools or access to the Swift Creek pools. I don't think Magnolia has a pool, and The Stables over in Rocky Bayou doesn't either.

Yes, it looks like Swift Creek is a very nice development in Niceville. Did you look for a lot of properties before you decided to build? How has the building experience been there, as that is certainly a great option. Thanks for your input.

Old 05-08-2014, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookeof4 View Post
Swift creek, swift creek plantation and magnolia plantation all come to mind. They all have community pools I believe. Honestly, if you are a young professional couple, I recommend you move to Destin. There is literally NOTHING to do in Niceville. People might say there is, and I suppose if you have a boat, there may be, but no. There isn't Destin has a lot more to offer to a nice young couple, and Destin Elementary is just as highly rated as Plew or any other Niceville school (aside from Bluewater which is the best in the state). Bluewater would be another option, as it is closer to Destin, but it is slim to none for new construction over there. I hope this helps?

Yikes, this is concerning, hoping that Niceville will fill the bill, but maybe Destin is worth taking a look. I guess I thought it would have a more transient rental population and crazy summer traffic and sometimes, when you live yr round somewhere, it is enough to be able to do a day trip to the beach. Hmmmm, more decisions...thanks for your input.

Old 05-09-2014, 11:40 AM

1,848 posts, read 3,727,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbovine View Post
Yes, it looks like Swift Creek is a very nice development in Niceville. Did you look for a lot of properties before you decided to build? How has the building experience been there, as that is certainly a great option. Thanks for your input.
We did look for quite awhile. I am a former local, so that helped me narrow my search down quite a bit. We were not set on a new built when we started, but with the inventory the way it was, and the cost to renovate to give us what we wanted in our new place, a new build was the best idea.

BBW looked..well tired. Don't get me wrong, there are some great properties there, and I really wanted to be in there, but one of the golf courses has had issues and I didn't want to take a chance on another one failing. Not sure how that will affect home values, I think it is too soon to tell. I've had to wean myself away from home sales sites since I'm seeing some great homes coming up for sale in there!

We really like the Stables (well the quality of the homes) but they are fairly close together, there won't be that many built in there and there was no pool. With an 11 year old, the more potential playmates and chances to meet them was important. And as for walking etc, the main road outside the Stables didn't suite me. I don't think it had sidewalks and while it isn't a busy road, I didn't want that. Swift Creek offered us everything, and we happened onto a massive corner lot.

As for the building experience, haven't broken ground yet. All decisions are made and just waiting for the business end to start!

Last edited by slduvall; 05-09-2014 at 11:43 AM.. Reason: sp

Old 05-18-2014, 01:46 PM

36 posts, read 62,393 times
If schools are important, then live in BWB IMO, I went to Bluewater Elm, Ruckel and Niceville High, some of the best schools in the state

Lived in BWB since I was 8 (i'm currently 26) wouldn't want to live anywhere else

What Brooke said was true about Niceville though, there's nothing to do, you have to go to Destin for that
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Pensacola