Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Pensacola
 [Register]
Pensacola Escambia County, Santa Rosa County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-10-2014, 11:58 AM

83 posts, read 139,419 times

Advertisements

I was pleasantly surprised. Seriously. You guys have made Pensacola sound like a huge cesspool. It's not that bad. Maybe I should drive to the gicky parts you all describe? If we moved, it'd probably be Gulf Breeze for the better school district. We've had such a long winter. It's beautiful down here. And are the bad areas all over Pensacola or is it easy to avoid like any bad part of town. And so far everyone is friendly which is a nice change from how reserved people are in the north. Maybe I have my snow blinders on.lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2014, 11:05 AM

2,269 posts, read 7,333,088 times
Pensacola is not a cesspool, but it does have its problems. The crime is bad but most likely won't affect you since you won't be hanging out in the ghettos. Crime is mostly due to drugs and years of ignorance, poverty, and welfare. It is not hard to avoid the bad areas, especially if you live in Gulf Breeze.

If you live in Gulf Breeze but will be working in Pensacola, I would suggest you find something in Gulf Breeze Proper if at all possible. The rest of Gulf Breeze is what is referred to as "down the highway". Traveling Hwy 98 every day is a ***** and not something you want to do. It's easier in the summer when school is out (GB High, Middle and Elementary are on Hwy 98 in Proper), but the rest of the time it's bumper to bumper. Living in Proper may mean an older house, but believe me, it's worth it, especially when your kids can walk or ride their bikes to school, activities, etc.

Also, if you're a Conservative Christian you'll have no problem fitting in. If you're not, just keep your mouth shut about politics and religion.

Old 04-11-2014, 11:10 AM

We're not conservative.lol. I'm from a red state. But we are liberal lutherans. I'm sure it will be fine. Thanks for tip about gulf breeze proper. I just left the gulf breeze zoo. Very cute and fun to walk around.

Old 04-15-2014, 03:28 AM

34 posts, read 124,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by patish View Post
We're not conservative.lol. I'm from a red state. But we are liberal lutherans. I'm sure it will be fine. Thanks for tip about gulf breeze proper. I just left the gulf breeze zoo. Very cute and fun to walk around.
Welcome to the area! We relocated here in Dec to the NW area and everything is going just fine.
No problems so far. Even the conservative christians here seem very nice

Old 04-16-2014, 07:10 PM

Everyone was very nice and happy. Always smiling. And lucky you to relocate in december. It is snowing here today.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Pensacola
View detailed profiles of: