Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Pensacola
 [Register]
Pensacola Escambia County, Santa Rosa County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-06-2014, 07:06 AM

1,847 posts, read 3,731,374 times

Advertisements

Saw a mention of Ohio on another thread and it got me thinkg - I'm moving home in Aug - bringing my Buckeye loving husband with me. Currently live in DC area, where we can get all the games on TV, is that possible down there? Are there any Bars that show the games. There are plenty around here, though he prefers to do the pacing and screaming at the TV in the privacy of his own home.

I don't think he has factored that in. We just might have to call the builder and cancel the house!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2014, 08:43 AM

317 posts, read 827,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slduvall View Post
Saw a mention of Ohio on another thread and it got me thinkg - I'm moving home in Aug - bringing my Buckeye loving husband with me. Currently live in DC area, where we can get all the games on TV, is that possible down there? Are there any Bars that show the games. There are plenty around here, though he prefers to do the pacing and screaming at the TV in the privacy of his own home.

I don't think he has factored that in. We just might have to call the builder and cancel the house!!
Fortunately, the Florida State Legislature passed a law banning OSU bars from Florida after they hired Urban Meyer as head coach. Many view this as only a temporary inconvenience, because he will run out of the previous coaching staff's recruits, and develop health problems in the next 2-3 years that will force him to resign.

Old 06-06-2014, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncnittany View Post
Fortunately, the Florida State Legislature passed a law banning OSU bars from Florida after they hired Urban Meyer as head coach. Many view this as only a temporary inconvenience, because he will run out of the previous coaching staff's recruits, and develop health problems in the next 2-3 years that will force him to resign.

Old 06-06-2014, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Glad you can take a joke! Check with the local tOSU alumni chapter. Here is a link.

Old 06-07-2014, 06:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncnittany View Post
Glad you can take a joke! Check with the local tOSU alumni chapter. Here is a link.
oh yeah..Laughed so hard I p..TMI! He does realize we are entering enemy territory. Thanks for the link. Are you even allowed to purchase the Big 10 Channel down there? It comes standard with cable up here.

Old 06-07-2014, 09:24 AM

Cox doesn't carry it. You have to go with Directv or Dish to watch at home. Keep in mind that the BTN will only carry the less desirable games and they may only play on the network 3 or 4 times during the season. The rest of the games will be picked up by ABC and ESPN/ESPN2.

Old 06-07-2014, 11:02 AM

5,725 posts, read 4,708,818 times
Pay attention to your particular area when you move. If you have Mediacom, you don't get ESPN3.

Old 06-07-2014, 11:17 AM

36 posts, read 62,501 times
Quote:

O-H!!

As a Buckeye who lives in Niceville, you have some options

1) Get DirecTV to get the BTN (like we did). Cox doesn't have it, and I've been screaming at them for years to carry it, many many Big 10 alums down here

2)There are many bars that carry BTN in Destin/Niceville/FWB. I don't know if they still go, but there was a buckeye alumni club that went to Buffalo Wild Wings in Ft. Walton Beach. We went there a few times when they were playing on the BTN. The website is www.osuec.com

So you'll basically get to watch any game in your house except when they play on the Big 10 Network (which is the Cincinnati game this year and probably at least 1 other). Everything else you'll get with ESPN/ESPN2 and ABC.

Old 06-09-2014, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by osufeth24 View Post
O-H!!

As a Buckeye who lives in Niceville, you have some options

1) Get DirecTV to get the BTN (like we did). Cox doesn't have it, and I've been screaming at them for years to carry it, many many Big 10 alums down here

2)There are many bars that carry BTN in Destin/Niceville/FWB. I don't know if they still go, but there was a buckeye alumni club that went to Buffalo Wild Wings in Ft. Walton Beach. We went there a few times when they were playing on the BTN. The website is New Page 1

So you'll basically get to watch any game in your house except when they play on the Big 10 Network (which is the Cincinnati game this year and probably at least 1 other). Everything else you'll get with ESPN/ESPN2 and ABC.
Thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Pensacola
View detailed profiles of: