Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Pensacola
 [Register]
Pensacola Escambia County, Santa Rosa County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-20-2008, 07:50 AM

4 posts, read 14,034 times

Advertisements

Good morning everyone! I am going for my first visit to Pensacola, FL in a few weeks. I am also planning on moving there if my visit is great! I am from MN and I would like a change in scenery and want warmer weather! Can anyone tell me about Pensacola? My Fiance told me some things but, I would like to hear more about the city! Thank You!! I posted on here a bout a year ago and don't know where to find the responses to my other posts about Pensacola, FL. It's been about a year since I last came on this forum!! Sorry!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2008, 10:05 AM

6,558 posts, read 12,048,122 times
Pensacola is nice. I am here right now for a few more weeks. It is cold right now, but of course not as much as Minnesota. Down here it's been in the 40's and 50's, and windy so you may not want to pack your beach clothes, lol. After all it is January, and it's not Miami. There is actually plenty to do for a town this size. It has two malls, you have the Seville District in downtown which is a New Orleans-esqu historical district, plenty of parks, Pensacola Beach is pretty nice to look at the Gulf of Mexico on one side an Pensacola Bay on the other, there is also the NW Florida Zoo and plenty of state parks. There's a lot of good restraunts you should check out while you're here. For Chinese I would recommend the Hong Kong Restraunt, For Japanese - Yamato, for sea food - Landry's or Flounder's, Mexican - Monterrey's, and of course plenty of traditional southern cuisine places.

Old 01-31-2008, 10:24 PM

2 posts, read 11,809 times
Pensacola is good place to live is the most I would say. I've been here for ten years. We still have extensive debris and torn down houses on the beach ( to get to the beach you have to drive ATLEAST fifteen minutes, unless you live on the beach...you actually have to drive through a seperate county to get to it and two bridges). The rest of Pensacola is downtown which has some nice points, but is VERY small and then there is a woodsey part that is sort of red neck. Escambia county, which is where Pcola is, has the highest taxes in FL in ratio to wages, and has a pollution problem- we have SEVEN superfund sights... Destin is MUCH nicer and only an hour away. Please check out Destin (only an hour away) too. It has our beautiful beaches without the debris and all the other problems I mentioned.

Old 02-17-2008, 09:56 AM

4 posts, read 28,629 times
Problems with Destin: Too small. Housing is way over priced!

Old 02-17-2008, 11:19 AM

5,701 posts, read 24,159,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lissa-Flowers View Post
Good morning everyone! I am going for my first visit to Pensacola, FL in a few weeks. I am also planning on moving there if my visit is great! I am from MN and I would like a change in scenery and want warmer weather! Can anyone tell me about Pensacola? My Fiance told me some things but, I would like to hear more about the city! Thank You!! I posted on here a bout a year ago and don't know where to find the responses to my other posts about Pensacola, FL. It's been about a year since I last came on this forum!! Sorry!!
The area of Pcola has a bit of everything for everyone. One of the oldest towns in the US, friendly, and evolving everyday. Very accessible to two other nearby cities (Fort Walton Beach and Destin) and on the west to Mobile Al. With the large military heritage of the NAS Pensacola, this town has a touch from all over the world.

Just like any city in the state has areas that are not the greatest, but overall many families call it home because of the locale and friendly community.

Pensacola, Florida (FL) Detailed Profile - relocation, real estate, travel, jobs, hospitals, schools, crime, news, sex offenders
Pensacola Florida Hotels, Attractions & Vacations in Pensacola Beach
Naval Air Station Pensacola - The Cradle of Navy Aviation
Official Web site for Escambia County Board of County Commissioners
City of Pensacola - Official Website

Old 02-17-2008, 06:50 PM

440 posts, read 2,426,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chett View Post
Problems with Destin: Too small. Housing is way over priced!
All depends on what someone is looking for in a city / lifestyle. For some folks, small is good. Personally Destin is too big for me, and I've lived in Los Angeles. I came here for a laid back, quiet beach lifestyle. We seem to have found our paradise just east of Destin in Santa Rosa Beach ..... we only drive to Destin when we need to do wal-mart runs ... or shop at larger retail shops ....

Old 02-23-2008, 11:06 AM

951 posts, read 1,452,327 times
Hello All

I am planning to visit Pensacola and Destin from Houston. My only goal is to swim in crystal clear water. I heard you guys have that. What is the earliest time of the year that people are swimming down there. How about March or April.

Please comment.

Old 02-27-2008, 11:12 AM

6 posts, read 32,380 times
We were in Perdido Key about two weeks ago, and went swimming. But of course, we are from Chicago! The weather very warm for this time of year. I grew up in Perdido. My family always took the boat out for Easter. I don't remember if it was warm enough to swim before then, or if that was Dad's first chance to get the boat in the water. Easter is early this year, so you can't really go by that. I say give it a try!

Old 02-27-2008, 03:04 PM

440 posts, read 2,426,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by misterno View Post
Hello All

I am planning to visit Pensacola and Destin from Houston. My only goal is to swim in crystal clear water. I heard you guys have that. What is the earliest time of the year that people are swimming down there. How about March or April.

Please comment.
We are east of Destin along the Scenic Highway 30A ... water temps are around 64ish right now --- still too cold for us without the suit .... but we've seen folks from the north in the water in bikinis .... for us, it has to be above 72 before we shed the wetsuits ..... we would guess it would be sometime around mid April ... May ....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Pensacola