Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Pensacola
 [Register]
Pensacola Escambia County, Santa Rosa County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2015, 02:45 PM

12 posts, read 24,618 times

Advertisements

Can anyone help with info on crime stats, housing, jobs? We moved to this place called Rincon GA (stinkin rincon) been here a YEAR and hate it. OMG. the people are rude, lazy, and crime is bad.

My hubby and I in our 40's empty nesters, and hard workers. WE put these people to shame here.

Its time to get out of stinkin rincon and move the hell out of here.

Is Crestview FL a NICE place, and would we be able to find jobs?

Last edited by Reneemichael90; 11-02-2015 at 02:47 PM.. Reason: needed to add state
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2015, 09:36 PM

237 posts, read 245,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reneemichael90 View Post
Can anyone help with info on crime stats, housing, jobs? We moved to this place called Rincon GA (stinkin rincon) been here a YEAR and hate it. OMG. the people are rude, lazy, and crime is bad.

My hubby and I in our 40's empty nesters, and hard workers. WE put these people to shame here.

Its time to get out of stinkin rincon and move the hell out of here.

Is Crestview FL a NICE place, and would we be able to find jobs?

You're gonna find varying responses on this city... I wouldn't live there. This sounds awful and I am sure people who live there hate it (the normal people) but it's refereed to as crestucky.

Old 11-03-2015, 03:39 PM

Cool Crestucky

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenoodle99 View Post
You're gonna find varying responses on this city... I wouldn't live there. This sounds awful and I am sure people who live there hate it (the normal people) but it's refereed to as crestucky.
So what your saying is it's a mix of redneck and hillbilly?

Old 11-03-2015, 03:41 PM

So where would be the best place with decent living around that area with jobs? Destin/ ft Walton? Any other areas?

Old 11-03-2015, 05:57 PM

123 posts, read 334,067 times
The question that I have is why did you think that Crestview might be the spot for you and your husband? Not that I have anything bad to say about Crestview as I have never lived there and don't know anything about that community but it would be nice to know what made you think about moving there as it might help us to better determine a community that would meet your needs.

Speaking of needs, that's something that I would suggest that you should list as again that would help us. My wife and I live in Pace and we wanted to be close enough to the beach that we could go anytime we wanted but not close enough that we would have to evacuate our home in the event of a hurricane. My wife likes to recreation shop in the mall and shopping had to be reasonably close. We also wanted doctors and hospitals to be reasonably close as well and Pace suits us quite well.

Old 11-04-2015, 06:21 AM

237 posts, read 245,693 times
You'd basically be be trading city names and have the same issues plus others that aren't very desirable. Not to mention their traffic issue up there, and you'd be a long drive from everything, including the beach. There are a lot of other cities in the area to live in. It really depends on the type of jobs you're looking for, the price range you need for housing and the commute you're expecting from work to home.

Old 11-04-2015, 07:07 AM

13,258 posts, read 22,839,738 times
Crestview is pretty much an affordable bedroom community for people who work on Eglin AFB or Destin-Ft. Walton Beach. You can buy a nice house up there but figure at least an hour in a car every day to get to a job. (And once you get into Destin-Ft. Walton, housing costs go up significantly given non-base wages in the area)

Old 11-04-2015, 04:51 PM

We have always lived on outskirts of big cities. My hubby said lets move to GA he got a job offer- so we picked up and moved. I wanted to move to destin area- been there many times- and I know visiting is a lot diff then living there. Rincon has around 9,700 ppl but of course traffic is bad also. I think anytime you live on outskirts of a big city ppl drive in too work and also have the tourists to deal with. We rent now pretty decent price 800. Live in a decent subdivision. I have office management experience and he has commercial construction experience. No kids - empty nesters but kids visit. 2 small dogs, kind of keep to ourselves, but want a nice town with shopping, doctor stores close by. He now don't like Ga after living here- I tried to warn him. Looking into the area I wanted to GOTO before we moved.

So I get ideas from city data and research research research!!!! Thanks for all your help!

Old 11-04-2015, 05:19 PM

Forgot to add my husband is a veteran of AF back in 90 and our son is in AF in KANSAS.

Old 11-11-2015, 06:22 PM

123 posts, read 334,067 times
I hear you about making the wrong move. My wife and I made 4 trips to upstate South Carolina and thought we would really love living in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains but once we got there we discovered that the nearest town for shopping was 40 miles away and there was really nothing to do in the community when the cold weather set in.

My opinion is that you should really check out Pace as it seems to be growing quite fast due to a lot of people wanting to move out of Escambia County to get a better education for their kids. I know yours are grown but with people wanting to move here, property values will either be stable or increase. Pace itself has a Target Store, a Walmart and we're getting a number of new restaurants. For more shopping Pace is about 20 minutes from Kohl's and perhaps 25 minutes to Sears and Penny's and to the Cordova Mall that has a Belk and Dillard's and many other stores nearby. If you want to go to the beach it's about 45 minutes driving time. Although there is a hospital in Milton, West Florida Hospital is about 20 minutes away and the care there is excellent. If you want to go a bit farther Sacred Heart is right across the street from the Mall. Pace itself has all sorts of Doctors, Optometrists, Dentists and Chiropractors to meet your needs but if one of the ones here doesn't meet your needs there are many others only 20 minutes or so away. Not that you can avoid crime as crime is everywhere but my wife and I feel that we can go anywhere at any time of the day or night in Pace and not feel uncomfortable or scared that something is going to happen to you. So, I'm sure there are other places around that are equally as nice as Pace considering that you are empty nesters but I wouldn't exclude Pace without at least checking it out and seeing what you think. In my opinion, Pace is close enough to Pensacola but far enough away that you don't have some of the negatives of a big city.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Pensacola