Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Pensacola
 [Register]
Pensacola Escambia County, Santa Rosa County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-29-2016, 08:24 AM

2 posts, read 2,070 times

Advertisements

looking for some help, my wife and I are looking to retire to the panhandle of fl from Michigan. I am retired marine corps so we are looking to live with in reach of a base ( say 50 miles ) prefer inland We have been doing research on crestview, Freeport, Blountstown and Marianna we don't need much in respects to big cities. our kids are all grown and safety is our biggest concern. Information or knowledge would be greatly appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2016, 10:04 AM

4 posts, read 11,977 times
These are all nice communities...Crestview is a bit more populous while the other three towns have more of a country feel. If you chose either Crestview or Freeport, the closest base is Eglin Air Force Base. On the other hand, if you chose Blountstown or Marianna it would be Tyndall Air Force Base. There is also the NSA Navy Base in Panama City and they have just completed construction of a new VA Clinic in Panama City as well. Hope this helps!

Old 06-30-2016, 08:12 AM

2 posts, read 2,070 times
Thank you ,we are really looking forward to the move . Did not know about the nsa navy base that helps a lot. Thanks again.

Old 06-30-2016, 10:34 AM

13,260 posts, read 22,670,360 times
There are a lot of developers that keep trying to make Freeport happen, and I think it's going to see some big growth in the next 10-15 years as middle class homebuyers continue to get priced out of the South Walton beach area. So don't buy there if you expect things to be unchanged.

Same goes for Crestview to some degree- south Okaloosa privately held land is largely built out and I'd go northeast of town toward the Baker area if I didn't want my house to be swallowed up by new subdivisions. Sad to say that the Army Ranger relocation to the Crestview area seems to have caused a spike in crime in the area. (The Air Force geeks around here tend to be better-behaved.)

I'm not too up on Blounstown or Marianna, but you're starting to talk about a significant drive to anything more exotic than a Walmart, and that might get kind of old if you discover your needs aren't met locally or by what can easily be bought on the internet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Pensacola