Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Pensacola
 [Register]
Pensacola Escambia County, Santa Rosa County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2016, 04:11 PM

6 posts, read 8,499 times

Advertisements

We are looking at moving to Navarre this next Spring. While going through homes for sale on Realtor.com, we noticed a lot of empty houses. What's going on?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2016, 04:56 PM

237 posts, read 245,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkboswell View Post
We are looking at moving to Navarre this next Spring. While going through homes for sale on Realtor.com, we noticed a lot of empty houses. What's going on?

High military area. Navarre doesn't have much (yet) with lots of available land to build, you can buy a whole lot of house out there for your $. Things like that can leave a lot of empty houses.

Old 09-28-2016, 07:15 PM

It just doesn't make sense to have so many empty houses and new builds at the same time. Kind of worries us.

Old 09-30-2016, 07:22 AM

237 posts, read 245,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkboswell View Post
It just doesn't make sense to have so many empty houses and new builds at the same time. Kind of worries us.
If you aren't buying your forever home and are looking for an investment on your property, then I suggest buying elsewhere.

Old 09-30-2016, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenoodle99 View Post
If you aren't buying your forever home and are looking for an investment on your property, then I suggest buying elsewhere.
Could you explain more?

Old 10-02-2016, 10:37 AM

2,269 posts, read 7,333,088 times
It means don't expect much appreciation on your home's value.

Old 10-02-2016, 12:21 PM

I guess I'm looking for the "why" appreciation is low.

Old 10-03-2016, 06:16 AM

337 posts, read 448,864 times
Because the housing is already high.

Old 10-03-2016, 08:16 AM

Ok people. I know how economics work. I'm looking for insight into the why these houses are empty, taking a long time to sell, appreciation is low.....Is this special for the Navarre area or is this common in the FL market? We currently live in Vegas, which took a very hard hit (like FL) during the housing crisis. But prices have risen, houses are selling well over value and things are moving.

I don't see a trend in this Navarre area where housing prices are too high. If anything, they are right at true value. So we are just a little bit concerned.

Old 10-03-2016, 09:33 AM

13,258 posts, read 22,836,872 times
The main plus for housing in Navarre is that it's newer and bigger than what you'd get for a similar budget in Gulf Breeze/Pensacola or south Okaloosa County where more of the jobs are. The issues tend to come up when either a) a house is no longer new (say 3-7 years old) and you're selling in competition with genuinely new homes where even with the McBuilders, a buyer can customize a certain amount to fit their own tastes as part of the sales price or b) during a housing downturn when people look around, see they can afford something they like Gulf Breeze/south Okaloosa closer to their jobs and more diverse shopping and go with what' seen as a better area in several ways compared to a long commute on an annoying roadway. I'm in a built out part of what's seen as a desirable area of Okaloosa County and prices during the bust fell maybe 20% here while they were falling 50%+ in Navarre and Crestview.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Pensacola