Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Pensacola
 [Register]
Pensacola Escambia County, Santa Rosa County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-04-2019, 05:58 AM

12 posts, read 20,306 times

Advertisements

I have been watching the housing market in the Milton/Pace area for the past couple months and can't get over how inexpensive these houses are. Plus half of them are empty.

Why is this?
Pensacola also has a lot of beautiful houses at great prices but I'm not excited about the crime rate.

We will be visiting the area in June (Yes, we understand it is hot & muggy) and look forward to exploring the area.

I would like to find a local realtor that knows the area and market very well. Any suggestions?

Any feedback would be appreciated.
Thanks!
Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2019, 09:04 PM

3 posts, read 5,806 times
Default Milton/Pace

Milton/Pace is more of a drive to any where. It's more of a "country" feel as far as the people and amount of open land. I lived in Milton a few years ago and while I liked the fact properties had more land and it didn't feel as congested as Pensacola, it seemed like the population is less educated and there are a lot of meth users around thus resulting in strange occurrences. Example, I lived there for 3 months and in that very short amount of time, we had a neighbor hit his wife in her head with an axe, a man who killed 5 women (all over the news) roaming in our backyard at night and our kids school shut down while this same man was on school property. To top it all off, we found out the man who lived in our home prior to us had shot and killed himself. We moved within a week of finding this out.
Pace looks decent to me, I don't really know about the people. I do not like all the chemicals blowing across the water from the Pensacola side. It fills the sky over Pace! Thats what stopped me from moving there.
Ferry Pass and Cantonement are better suggestions in my honest opinion. If you like a lot more property for your dollar, Cantonement is the better bet.

Old 05-17-2019, 08:52 PM

1 posts, read 3,723 times
Milton/Pace is not too far away from Pensacola (about 30 mins) and an hour from Ft Walton Beach. I was active duty Air Force for 20 yrs and chose to retire here due to the awesome area. I live in Milton but work in Ft Walton Beach. I intentionally bought my home so far away due to the cost of living and the area amenities. While I agree with some of the comments from Foxy, I must say that those comments can also be said for most areas nowadays. I have been living in Milton for 5 yrs now and while I don't like my one neighbor, all of my neighborhood is amazing. They are nice and quiet and friendly. All in all, Milton/Pace is a good place to live.

If you are still looking for a realtor, my other next door neighbor is one. Her name is Rachel Locklear.

Old 10-28-2019, 07:31 AM

7 posts, read 10,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chumaniwolf View Post
Milton/Pace is not too far away from Pensacola (about 30 mins) and an hour from Ft Walton Beach. I was active duty Air Force for 20 yrs and chose to retire here due to the awesome area. I live in Milton but work in Ft Walton Beach. I intentionally bought my home so far away due to the cost of living and the area amenities. While I agree with some of the comments from Foxy, I must say that those comments can also be said for most areas nowadays. I have been living in Milton for 5 yrs now and while I don't like my one neighbor, all of my neighborhood is amazing. They are nice and quiet and friendly. All in all, Milton/Pace is a good place to live.

If you are still looking for a realtor, my other next door neighbor is one. Her name is Rachel Locklear.
I've been going back and forth between Crestview and Milton to settle down.
How are your homeowner insurance rates?
I get drawn to Milton due to more amenities and seems the hospital/medical systems has better ratings.

Thanks so much in advance.

Old 10-28-2019, 08:22 AM

10,213 posts, read 14,825,976 times
In the first place, the Panhandle of Florida is not really "Florida" at all, but, rather, lower Alabama (in terms of weather, access to cultural amenities, main road tourist traffic, etc.). However, some Panhandle cities are at least near the beach and look like Florida.

Not so with Milton and Pace, both of which are nice, but, sort of 'back woodsy' communities with very limited access to the weather, beach and "Florida" life that attract most folks moving to Florida. The fact that both are "warmer than Wisconsin" will soon lose its novelty.

Having lived 35+-years in Central Florida and 10-years in the Panhandle, I would suggest you look further South where there are still many small towns and lower RE prices.

Old 11-05-2019, 01:30 PM

121 posts, read 313,948 times
Milton and Pace aren’t bad areas at all but woodsy country compared to other Florida towns. We did NOT like Crestview at all -traffic killed Us. We saw more drug users when we lived in TN. Honestly drugs are everywhere now. Go out and look at the area you are moving to.
We found we liked Milton over Pace because Pace is very congested and homes on top of each other. It feels and looks like Florida to me not an AL feel at all. You are coming from a pricey area so expect homes to be cheaper. We searched for almost a year before finding a home. Homes in the last few months sold as soon as they hit the market. Our house we finally got was on the market for less than 5 hours. I have found people moving here are making offers sight unseen so many go quickly. We made offers on 5 other homes we lost out to. I rather this side of FL rather than Central or South but that’s just a personal preference. My suggestion is to get a realtor - we didn’t have one and it caused a headache. Finally got one and he was a life savor!

Old 12-17-2019, 03:06 PM

1,956 posts, read 1,517,902 times
Default sasie123

Quote:
Originally Posted by jghorton View Post
In the first place, the Panhandle of Florida is not really "Florida" at all, but, rather, lower Alabama (in terms of weather, access to cultural amenities, main road tourist traffic, etc.). However, some Panhandle cities are at least near the beach and look like Florida.

Not so with Milton and Pace, both of which are nice, but, sort of 'back woodsy' communities with very limited access to the weather, beach and "Florida" life that attract most folks moving to Florida. The fact that both are "warmer than Wisconsin" will soon lose its novelty.

Having lived 35+-years in Central Florida and 10-years in the Panhandle, I would suggest you look further South where there are still many small towns and lower RE prices.
When you state "further south," do you have any specific towns in mind? Thank you,

Old 12-18-2019, 05:32 PM

10,213 posts, read 14,825,976 times
Once you get below Gainsville in the Central Florida area there are a wide range of towns with affordable housing ... and also a warmer winter climate. For example: https://www.point2homes.com/US/Cheap...l-Florida.html

Even ON the East Coast, there are a range of towns offering affordable housing (Satellite Beach, Indialantic, Indian Harbor, Titusville, Port St. John, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Pensacola