Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Pensacola
 [Register]
Pensacola Escambia County, Santa Rosa County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-27-2020, 08:00 AM

3 posts, read 4,309 times

Advertisements

I am interested in purchasing property in the Bagdad area of Milton, Fl. Can anyone give me some insight on this area. Thank you very much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2020, 09:14 AM

13,611 posts, read 7,911,419 times
Bagdad is a small community with a definite "Old Florida" feel. It's a beautiful area and hasn't yet been swallowed up by new development.

Your question is very vague though. What specifically would you like to know?

Old 02-28-2020, 04:50 AM

I have seen some property just north of I10 that is beautiful, coming from long island NY, I don't know if this is a good place to build. We are not retirement age but are looking for a slower pace to spend some time with our horse and grandbaby who lives in Pensacola. I have a friend who lives in Milton, closer to Allentown who has told me this isn't such a wonderful area. She agrees the street is beautiful and has a country feel to it tho, she isn't sure I am going to adjust to the diversity of it. Can you give me some of your insight on this.

Old 02-28-2020, 07:09 AM

13,611 posts, read 7,911,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sprytr2004 View Post
I have seen some property just north of I10 that is beautiful, coming from long island NY, I don't know if this is a good place to build. We are not retirement age but are looking for a slower pace to spend some time with our horse and grandbaby who lives in Pensacola. I have a friend who lives in Milton, closer to Allentown who has told me this isn't such a wonderful area. She agrees the street is beautiful and has a country feel to it tho, she isn't sure I am going to adjust to the diversity of it. Can you give me some of your insight on this.
The only reason it might not be a good place to build is because of water. Just check and make sure the property is not prone to flooding.

"Adjust to the diversity of it" is a strange thing to say. The northern half of Santa Rosa County is all white (some would say - purposefully so), while Milton, Pace, and Bagdad is a mix of black and white. Is that what she meant?

Long Island is a pretty diverse place, so I don't see why you would have an adjustment problem being exposed to poor or black people.

Definitely view the property in-person before you make any financial commitment, though.

Old 02-28-2020, 07:22 AM

We will definitely be going down sometime soon to see the property. There is't any water on the property and no issues with flooding. I believe that's what she meant. (diversity). I appreciate your response. I am looking forward to getting out of NY. Long Island is beautiful and we are on the east end and the taxes are just nuts. It's time for a change. I can't wait to be a Floridian

Old 03-01-2020, 08:47 AM

599 posts, read 276,222 times
Reasearch flood zone maps for the area you're interested in. Just because there is "no water" on the property doesn't mean it's not in a flood zone.
If you're working with a real estate agent, ask for that info from them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Pensacola