Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2010, 05:57 PM

6 posts, read 45,589 times

Advertisements

My name is Tierney, I'm 22 and I did not find out till I was an adult that my father had other children before he married my mother.

My father has since past away and I never had a chance to ask him about my siblings. It's kinda odd knowing you have a brother and sister out there and know nothing about them.

They would have been born in New York, or at least grew up there for a time near Poughkeepsie. Their father would have left their mother and then when they were youngish.... I would assume before they were teenagers. My brother's name may be James, Patrick or John.... I don't have a clue what my sister's name would be. My mom thinks that they would be in their Later 30's perhaps 40's. I belive they were born in Poughkeepsie, if not they may have possiblbly been born on a miltary base... or in New York state. There is a possiblity that perhaps the family moved to New Jersey after my father left.

Their father's name would have been Robert W. Butler, he was born in the 1930's would have claimed to have possible been born in Ireland, but in fact grew up in Holyoke, Mass. He may have also talked about a twin sister who either died at birth or over in Germany. He would have also had a sister named Prudence, they called her Prudie. My father's family lived in Mass, Wisconsin (where I now live) and possibly New York. I have my father's SSI number as well, was also in the Navy during Korea.

My father was not a truthful man and I know very little about his family... my family. Now that I'm older I just want to know where I come from. If anyone thinks that they might have an idea of who my brother and sister may be please let me know. This is something that has been playing in my mind for the last three years.

Thank you,
Tierney

Last edited by LadyJane666; 07-25-2010 at 06:57 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2010, 09:10 PM

1,830 posts, read 5,355,377 times
Was he married to their mother? If not, were the children given his last name?

If they were married, you or your mother as his next of kin can send off for copies of the marriage certificate and/or divorce decree, which will give you the first wife's name, which will make the search much easier.

What is your father's birthdate? If you don't know, then tell me where and when he died.

Is your mother's name Theresa? If so, it looks like he lived in Illinois, too.

Old 07-25-2010, 09:18 PM

Yes he was married to their mother and as of when he divorced my mother he was still legally married to his first wife.

My father's birthday was March 16, 1935 (had to go ask my mom).... it varies. He died in November of 2008 in PA

No, we did live in IL my mother's name is Nancy.... Theresa was one of his ex wives.

my mom told me that she thinks their names are Monica and James.... those were what he told her. And their mother's name may be Carol or Ann.... or perhaps Carol-Ann.... it was one of his wives names.

Old 07-25-2010, 11:59 PM

Ok, thanks. I'll work on it tomorrow. Interesting - his SS was issued in PA, he died in PA, yet a search using his birthdate only shows addresses in IL, MA, and WI, and shows only the ex wife as a relative. This may be a tough one to solve.

Old 07-26-2010, 10:53 AM

Well the only thing I have to go off is my mom and my birth certificate and my grandparents photo which was taken in Holyoke. The only other family I had met was my aunt Prudie and she was younger than my father and told me she had always lived in Holyoke.

I should show up as relative because that how I found out he died. Actually they had to find me on Myspace of all places.

I have been trying to figure this out myself for years now and I have very little luck.... I'm hopfull but not expecting much in all honesty.

Old 07-26-2010, 12:11 PM

34 posts, read 94,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyJane666 View Post
Well the only thing I have to go off is my mom and my birth certificate and my grandparents photo which was taken in Holyoke. The only other family I had met was my aunt Prudie and she was younger than my father and told me she had always lived in Holyoke.

I should show up as relative because that how I found out he died. Actually they had to find me on Myspace of all places.

I have been trying to figure this out myself for years now and I have very little luck.... I'm hopfull but not expecting much in all honesty.
Not trying to be egative, but be prepared that they may not want to know you..

Last edited by Spring10; 07-26-2010 at 01:21 PM..

Old 07-26-2010, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring10 View Post
Not trying to be egative, but be prepared that they may not want to know you..
you really don't be so negative.... really. Do you not think I haven't thought about that.... it's best to keep things like that and what you sent to me to yourself because it does nothing to help or even give me any sort of hope. Unless you have anything constructive... don't make me feel worse about this than I already do.

Thank you.

Old 07-26-2010, 08:45 PM

Tierney, I've been searching but haven't found anything yet that links the Monica, James and Carol(Ann) Butler names to each other.

I searched each name separately in the states of Massachusets, Pennsylvania, New York and New Jersey and checked the results looking for relatives with the other 2 names, but not a single match.

Do you recall Prudence's surname, if she was married? I found a Prudence Dubois in Holyoke, but no Butler. Or do you have a way to contact her or any of the relatives that notified you of your father's death? One of them may recall names/details of the other family.

Maybe MrBillM or Travelingal2 will find something.

But even if we don't find them, please check back because many times the person you are searching for googles their name and finds the thread. Your half-siblings may be searching for you, too.

Old 07-26-2010, 09:04 PM

Well thank you for looking, It was a long shot I knew but oh well. All my uncles and aunts are dead. I'm trying to find my cousin atm to try and find out some more. He should still live in the area that I live in.

I was the only one of my father's children that the home he lived in could find to contact after his death. Like I said in the first post my father was not a truthful man and had many issues with lying and such.

I will have to talk to my mom more to find out other names of family that she knows of to possibly contact.

Old 07-27-2010, 05:56 AM

23,891 posts, read 33,633,562 times
Trying to get this straight.. you are Tierney Butler - your mom is Nancy E Butler (44) - you are both in Wisconsin.

Your dad is Robert W Butler who served in the Navy - was born 3/18/1935 - making him 75.

What state did your mom meet him in?

One thought is to contact the military. They should be able to give you information.

Next, it's possible his kids were adopted by someone their mother married after your dad left. People do it all of the time to get out of paying child support.

I guess no divorce could be found between his last wife and your mom?
How many times do you think he was married?

Last edited by Roselvr; 07-27-2010 at 07:12 AM.. Reason: blond
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search