Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2014, 08:22 AM

670 posts, read 1,038,964 times

Advertisements

Try anywho.com. I have used it many times successfully, and it is totally free.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2014, 10:12 AM

1 posts, read 19,734 times
All I need is just a name for a number. Is there any services out there that is free just for a Freaking name.....

Old 08-19-2014, 10:17 PM

1 posts, read 19,302 times
trapcall

Old 08-20-2014, 06:59 PM

5 posts, read 23,111 times
As a PI, I do reverse phone checks all the time. For land lines I use this website https://www.peoplesmart.com/phone, and for cell phones I'm sorry to say that it isn't free. I use non public data bases for phone numbers and they are not always accurate either.

Old 09-16-2014, 12:50 PM

1 posts, read 19,068 times
There are 2 sites that I know of that are 100% free and give cell phone information. One is http://www.spydialer.com. Spy Dialer lets you listen to the persons voice mail (if set up). If the person does not say their name in the voice mail then you will not know who owns the number. They also don't give address information since it is only a recording of the voice mail. The other site is http://www.nationalcellulardirectory.com. They have free searches (by name or by cell phone number lookup) during whats called Happy Hour. Basically you get 2 free searches each day for 1 hour during Happy Hour. Those are the only 2 sites that I am aware of that are truly free and have cell phone data.

Old 09-18-2014, 03:35 AM

73 posts, read 185,666 times
Without going through this entire thread, I don't know if this has been mentioned or not;

www.switchboard.com

Old 10-17-2014, 07:15 PM

1 posts, read 18,784 times
Default Cell Revealer

Cell Revealer is just another rip off. They just take your money then any time you try to run a cell phone number it says "No Information Found". Maybe I should open up a site that does reverse cell checks, it just has to say "No Information Found" every time someone tries to lookup a cell phone number! Maybe we should all try this obvious scam!

Old 10-17-2014, 07:30 PM

14,183 posts, read 14,539,139 times
Just looked at a few sites with my own number. 411.com was correct with the least amount of BS.

Old 10-18-2014, 04:48 PM

829 posts, read 754,772 times
Sites claiming they have all the information STILL DON"T post the information of those whose info. has been BLOCKED by the owner of the info. (They are more than happy to take your money before you find this out, though. They purposely don't make that clear.)

There may be a way to immediately redial after a call like that, though, even if you don't know their number, supposedly even if they have a blocked number: How to Redial the Last Number That Called You | eHow

From the sound of the call, though, I seriously wonder if that woman hadn't previously herself --or her daughter-- been receiving unwanted calls from your son's phone number. Sometimes kids lend their phones to 'friends' who use them for pranking or harassing other people! Sometimes, too, parents are the last to learn that their own kids are the culprits.

I recall dialing in a hurry once, got a wrong number, and hung up without saying anything. The phone then rang, & I answered to a woman unknown to me DEMANDING to know who I was, repeatedly! She was most definitely frightened &/or angry! When I explained I must have misdialed & apologized, she explained that she had been receiving a lot of calls from someone who kept hanging up on her, over & over again. . . . Perhaps something like that happened between your son & this woman you have judged as some sort of a troublemaker. Perhaps she is someone's victim, instead.

Old 10-18-2014, 05:35 PM

15,701 posts, read 16,949,464 times
If you have her phone number, why not just call her back and ask her why she is calling?

If she calls again, tell your son to tell you or your husband immediately, then, call her right back.

If it's an innocent mistake, you will get it cleared up, if it's something nefarious, you will have let her know that there is no easy mark at your son's phone number.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search