Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-18-2006, 07:47 AM

1 posts, read 2,298 times

Advertisements

I am looking for information from anyone who would know anything about the heritage of the Rebideaux family. My grandfather's name was louis and he was married to mary who was an indian {cherokee } and had relatives on the Hogensburg reservation. I can remember going there when I was very young. I lived in a small town called Ellenburg, New York,maybe 12 miles from the canadian border. Please if anyone knows anything about my ancesters let me know asap.

Thanks
Doris
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2008, 08:59 AM

1 posts, read 2,268 times
Default Rebideaux Family

Hi Doris,

I just came across your enquiry regarding this family. In actuality, the surname spelling is Robidoux which somehow changed to Rebideaux. There are many name spelling changes in the family and your family's is documented in our family genealogy though not with this particular spelling.

I believe your making referemce to Louis Rabideau, b. April 10, 1889 in Altona, New York. He married Mary Moses (d. Feb 17, 1948 in Ellenburg, NY) on April 08, 1910 in Malone, New York. We have fourteen children born to them. Some of the sons used "Rebideau".

Please contact me at [email]desroches11@hotmail.com[/email] for further info.

Tks

Kim Desroches
President, RANA
Robidou Assoc. of North America

Old 10-26-2010, 02:26 PM

1 posts, read 1,609 times
Default RE:Rabideau , Rebideau

I was searching for info today on Mary Moses /Louis Rabideau and came upon this , i believe Doris is my Uncle Francis daughter ,My father was Wilmer Rebideau ,son to Louis and Mary .It was my understanding as a child that Mary was Abnaki??? Any info would be greatly appreciated or the knowledge of where this info can be found , already just reading their marriage date and place was more than I remember ever getting , My father had one picture of his mom and who knows where that could be for all of the brothers and sisters in this family have now passed!
Thank you , Lynda( Rebideau )vanHal
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search