Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-01-2017, 12:53 AM

566 posts, read 678,277 times

Advertisements

The Marquette Park Pavillion in Miller Beach, Indiana where the wedding reception was held, will not give me any info. Something awesome happened on that night in the sky, that 1 other witness, that I know of, also saw. I need to know who else saw what we saw over the Pavillion that night. The night was on a Saturday. July 19 or 20. In the year 2013 or 2014. Does anyone know how I can find these people who attended the wedding reception that night? I do not need to meet them in person. I would be glad only to speak with them via online or on the phone. This is very important to me. Thank-You
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2017, 04:31 AM

6,617 posts, read 6,545,986 times
Maybe the bride still has the list of guests and addresses she kept for sending out invitations and thank you notes? That's the only thing I can think of... You'd have to get permission from her to write all the guests and ask them if they were the one that saw what you saw.

The wedding venue wouldn't have any names other than the person(s) who booked the Pavillion, IF they even keep records.

Old 05-01-2017, 05:20 AM

566 posts, read 678,277 times
Thanks! I do not need to find everybody for now. I will be happy to find only a couple of people who saw what had happened in the night sky. I was at my house a block away. I heard some people at the reception yell oooh and ahhh when it happened. That is why I want to know. I could see the Pavillion terrace from my home. The thing is... how in the world can I find the bride, groom, and guests, if the Pavillion office will not give me info about who booked the place on that day? Questions: Do you think people generally get married in the same State they have their wedding receptions? Do they usually have their wedding reception on the same day of their marriage? If so..how can I find their marriage records? If not, can I hire a private investigator to find them? How much will one charge me to find the bride and groom, or whoever booked the place, and was in attendance. Thank-You!

Last edited by glenninindy; 05-01-2017 at 05:30 AM..

Old 05-01-2017, 03:16 PM

8,590 posts, read 12,350,394 times
It's likely that they were married some place in Lake County that day. Most people have a reception on the same day as the wedding. Not many people would know about the Pavilion in Miller Beach unless they were from the area. (I grew up nearby thus I know about it.)

There are are number of free sites available in Indiana to search for a marriage license, but you often need to know the name of the bride or groom to use them.

Updated: This site allows you to search by county and year. You'll have to go through 1000's of listings and a few hundred pages, but it's a start. If I were doing this task I'd use the "find" feature for both dates to go through the pages quickly. I'd start with July 20, 2013 (since most weddings are on Saturday). Then do the July, 19 2014 date.

https://www.statelib.lib.in.us/INMar...ges_search.asp

I'd also start looking in the archives of the 2 local papers for a wedding announcement in 2013 or even into 2014/2015. An engagement announcement might have also appeared in 2012 or 2013. Those often indicate a wedding date.

Last edited by rrah; 05-01-2017 at 03:25 PM..

Old 05-01-2017, 03:20 PM

8,079 posts, read 7,444,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by glenninindy View Post
Questions: Do you think people generally get married in the same State they have their wedding receptions? Do they usually have their wedding reception on the same day of their marriage? If so..how can I find their marriage records? If not, can I hire a private investigator to find them? How much will one charge me to find the bride and groom, or whoever booked the place, and was in attendance. Thank-You!
First make sure it was a wedding reception and not a Sweet 16, Bar Mitzvah, retirement party or other event that was going on. Otherwise you're barking up the wrong tree by looking up marriage licenses.

Old 05-01-2017, 05:32 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 8 days ago)

35,634 posts, read 17,975,706 times
Put it on Craigslist, under "lost and found" or personals.

Tell the venue and the date (you have two dates here) and describe what you saw in the sky.

Old 05-02-2017, 08:22 AM

4,361 posts, read 7,077,634 times
If you have the home,s address, click here https://homemetry.com and you can quickly search, for free, the ownership history of the home. It will tell you, each owners name and the year they purchased it. If the house has changed hands since you were there, then go to a site like peoplesearch, white pages, intelius, zabasearch, or even Facebook or Linkedin, to track down
where they moved to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search