U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Independence Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-08-2011, 09:09 PM

4 posts, read 5,002 times

Advertisements

Here's the story (as well as the important information):

I am looking for my half-sister Elizabeth Grace Thornton. Well, that was her birth name anyway.
Her birth mother's maiden name is Suzanne Elizabeth Taylor, and her birth father (who is my father, too) is Everett Franklin Thornton, Jr.

Suzanne was married to Everett for a few years back in the '70's. Suzanne gave birth to Elizabeth (my dad, grandpa, husband and I call her Beth), at Springfield General Hospital in Springfield, Massachusetts on December 21, 1972 (or possibly 1973).

I didn't have the pleasure of knowing my biological dad growing up. Without going into my whole life story, basically, my biological dad left for 20 years because my mom's parents didn't want my parents being together because of my dad getting my mom pregnant with me (my mom was 17 at the time and had to leave school because she was pregnant. She did graduate a few years later.). A few years later, my mom got married to someone else. Her husband adopted me shortly after they got married (I was 3 when this took place), and up until 1991, he was the only dad I knew. But my mom let me know when I was young, who my birth father was. She tried to find him for me when we would come to Mississippi to visit (my adopted dad was in the Army).
Through the help of a couple of friends, my mom and I were able to find my biological grandfather and my biological father. We found my grandfather in 1989 or 1990, and my dad in 1991. Now, my grandfather, dad and I are trying to find at least one of my half-sisters. I have another one, but I don't know enough about her to begin searching for her.

If there is anyone out there who can help me with this, I will be forever grateful. I'm 40 years old, and I'd love to be able to find at least one of my half-sisters and be able to get to know her and her family. And introduce her to my family and the rest of mine and her family. My grandfather is in his mid 80's now, and my dad is in his mid 60's, so neither of them are getting any younger. And neither am I.

My grandfather, dad, my husband and I have spent a lot of time and research trying to find Beth, to no avail.

This is information that I've been given from my dad and my grandfather:

My sister's Birth Name: Elizabeth Grace Thornton
Her Date of Birth: 12/21/72 or ‘73

Elizabeth's birth parents names:

Birth Mother's full Maiden Name: Suzanne Elizabeth Taylor

Father's full name: Everett Franklin Thornton, Jr.

This is the information that I have posted on the Facebook group page I created to find her. Here's the link to my Facebook group for my search: Searching for my sister Elizabeth Grace Thornton (d.o.b.: 12/21/1972) | Facebook

Info about Suzanne Elizabeth Taylor and Elizabeth Grace Thornton

Elizabeth:
D.O.B.: 12/21/72 or ‘73
Place of Birth: Springfield General Hospital, Springfield, Mass.
Parents: Suzanne Elizabeth Taylor and Everett Franklin Thornton, Jr.
She weighed about 6 lbs., 8 or 9 oz., and about 21 inches long.
She was born premature; she was supposed to be born in January.

Suzanne:
Place of Birth: Wilkenshire, England (not sure of the city), around January 1950
Parents: First names unknown, Last name Taylor. Her father was in the Air Force, and was stationed in England where Suzanne was born.

Other info:
Suzanne has two sisters named Linda Grace (the youngest), and Gail (the oldest).

Everett met Suzanne at a halfway house/youth hostel outside of Chattanooga, Tn., in 1972, where Suzanne was staying at the time. Everett went there with an acquaintance he knew from California,
they caught a ride with a guy, and the guy told them about the hostel.

Everett was about 24 or 25, and Suzanne was about 21 or 22 when they met.

Suzanne and Everett were married in Springfield, Mass., possibly June 9, 1972 or 1973.

They got married before Beth was born.

Everett went to California for about a month, after they were married.

Sue had a friend named Vinnie Armenio.

Her dad worked for Pratt-Whitney Aircraft in the ‘70’s, he had a design engineering degree, and helped design the Concord airplane.

Suzanne’s mother was possibly a housewife.

A Pontiac Tempest convertible (late 60’s, early ‘70’s model) was possibly one of the vehicles her parents owned, and the vehicle Everett and Sue used at their wedding.

Everett and Suzanne lived in the Italian section of Springfield’s South side.

Suzanne took Beth with her, and left Everett.

Everett later filed for the divorce by placing an ad in a newspaper for about a month, with no response from Suzanne. Which made the divorce uncontested.

Their divorce was finalized on March 17, 1982 in Binghamton, NY (which is where our dad was living when I found him back in 1991).

Suzanne had mentioned to Everett in the past about wanting to move back to England, where she was born. I don't know if she ever moved there or not.

My grandfather, Everett F. Thornton, Sr., said that Suzanne called him years ago trying to see about getting my dad to pay child support. But at the time, my grandfather didn't know where my dad was, and neither did the rest of the family. And I hadn't even met my grandfather at this point in time.

Why am I looking for this person and what is my relationship?
I'm looking for her because I've never met her, and have spent 20 years on this search. Even though I haven't met her, I love her, and our dad and I always remember her on her birthday. Plus, she needs to know about the medical problems that run in our family on our dad's side (our dad's mom died of cancer).

Employment history: I don't know the answer to this yet.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2013, 02:58 PM

1 posts, read 1,220 times
Suzanne Elizabeth Taylor is my Mother's maiden name.

Old 02-19-2013, 05:41 PM

1 posts, read 1,210 times
Susan Talyor is my mom. She told my sister and I a little about Beth growing up. She mentioned being married once, and going to high school in Massachusetts. I've never met Beth, but you can contact me if you want to talk. My email is [email]Jsmoov1@netzero.net[/email]

Old 02-20-2013, 07:16 PM

Thanks Janette & Josh! I will definitely be keeping in touch with y'all!

Old 03-25-2013, 11:46 AM

I just thought I'd update everyone who's seeing this thread. I'm happy to report that my sister was found on February 22nd, and we're in touch with each other now.

Old 03-25-2013, 12:44 PM

13,181 posts, read 18,260,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by celticpath View Post
I just thought I'd update everyone who's seeing this thread. I'm happy to report that my sister was found on February 22nd, and we're in touch with each other now.
That is good to hear after all this time.

Old 03-26-2013, 03:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by howard555 View Post
That is good to hear after all this time.
Thank you! Yes, it is! All our family is so happy about this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search