Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2011, 08:28 PM

1,830 posts, read 5,356,637 times

Advertisements

The nursing board links were for you to search for your aunt's license. You need to put her name in the search box. I don't know if it will show old expired license information but it was worth a try. I think you got a generic reply, because the purpose of the site is self-serve.

For old photos, I'd try google images, with the name of the hospital. Probably you'll just find pictures of the society ladies that funded it.

I think you need to take a trip to SF to research further! Visit the library and historical societies in Oakland and see what you can turn up.

Thanks for bringing the question to the board. It was an interesting bit of history to learn about.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2011, 07:31 AM

22 posts, read 102,811 times
Hi again Duine,

Interesting thread and interesting discussion. Timing is interesting too as I am trying to gather some data regarding a resident of San Fran/Oakland from about 1936 through the early 80's. I'm not ready to start a thread on that topic yet, but have a link I saved ages ago regarding tons of historic info from the SF area.

This might help too.

Golden Nugget Library's San Francisco County Databases

Good luck with your research.

Old 10-10-2011, 11:38 PM

46 posts, read 76,093 times
Thank you hcgCali and chgoCubby for your info. I'll look into into soon. I appreciate the help. Duine

Old 10-11-2011, 07:08 PM

5,297 posts, read 7,646,260 times
Great thread!

Old 10-13-2011, 07:35 PM

46 posts, read 76,093 times
Thanks Annie!

I'm so excited! Finally matched my Grandfather's name to my Grandmother on his WWII Draft registration card by the birth date. (my dad's family) His name is Michael, common enough. But there were 3 families with the same name and similar sibling names listed, also in 2 states where other family members lived, & 2 of the families lived in the same town. For several months I have been stumped over which one was correct. I'm now working on that line.

Also listed on the draft card was:

Employer: Boy's Club of Boston, 15 Green St., Charlestown, Ma. It still exists today. Any one know of it back in about 1942 or remember a Michael Enos?
Place of employment: The Hanes Art School, 658 Fourth St., So. Boston, Ma. Suffolk County. Any one know what this place was or any info on it? I tried Google and got nothing.

Today I also found a list of family from Grandmother's father's side. I have a question about Ancestry info. Looking at a file there is a section names 'Submitters', beneath that is 'name: <looks like a user name> Is this a relative doing a family tree or just an indexer putting in the info? If it is a family member, how do I contact them with free subscription from Ancestry.org? I'm excited about this too, because I'm looking for living relatives. There is 2 or 3 people listed there as submitters. Thanks for the help, Duine
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search