U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-19-2011, 12:40 PM

62 posts, read 80,739 times

Advertisements

HI
I was hoping someone may be able to help me find an aunt.
Her name is or was (unknown is she is still alive) BARBARA LEE EDDY born January 13, 1949. All I have is she was born in san diego. Her mothers maiden name was Mcbride.
Any help would be awsome.
Thank you in advance.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2011, 03:38 PM

49 posts, read 54,246 times
This could be her:

Search Results - PeopleFinders.com

Send me a DM if you think that's her, and I'll get you more details.

Old 10-19-2011, 06:09 PM

62 posts, read 80,739 times
Default aunt

These barbaras are barbara A eddy, we need a barbara lee eddy born 1949

Old 10-28-2011, 08:46 AM

13,075 posts, read 18,142,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by penny_in_oregon View Post
HI
I was hoping someone may be able to help me find an aunt.
Her name is or was (unknown is she is still alive) BARBARA LEE EDDY born January 13, 1949. All I have is she was born in san diego. Her mothers maiden name was Mcbride.
Any help would be awsome.
Thank you in advance.
Do you know anyone who might know any of her siblings, etc. or any remote idea of her married name?

If she married around age 20 (1969) she is no longer an Eddy.
Her married name may be Barbara Eddy ?.
Her middle initial is most likely E. and not L.

There are people out there, in the search world, who may very well be able to use her birth date and get you helpful information.
Hang on for a few days.

Old 10-28-2011, 09:03 AM

13,075 posts, read 18,142,878 times
I have found a Barbara Eddy age 82 in Cotati, Ca. But, no other information.
Age 82 = born in 1929.
If Barbara McBride married young (18-19) and gave birth 1-13-1949 and named her daughter, Barbara, after herself. Then Barbara Lee Eddy became your Aunt, by marrying the brother of your Mother or Father.

You said you thought her name "was or is" Barbara L. Eddy.
If Eddy was her birth name, then the above Barbara Eddy could remotely be her Mother as the age and the scenarios could fit.

Is that how she became your Aunt.
Do you Mother or Father have any information at all, about their siblings, approximate age, location, etc?

Old 10-28-2011, 03:12 PM

1,830 posts, read 5,117,843 times
Quote:
Do you know anyone who might know any of her siblings, etc. or any remote idea of her married name?
Penny's been doing genealogy research for some time now. If she knew a married name she would have posted it. Barbara has one sibling, deceased, who is Penny's husband's father. Penny knows of Barbara because I told her of the birth record, in this thread: //www.city-data.com/forum/peopl...great-plz.html

Penny, just a correction on your opening post... Barbara was born in San Francisco County, not San Diego County.

Quote:
If she married around age 20 (1969) she is no longer an Eddy. Her married name may be Barbara Eddy ?. Her middle initial is most likely E. and not L.
Actually, most women do not drop their middle name upon marriage, and an E would usually only show up as an alias/AKA alternative in some records, and the full name of Eddy plus a married surname would only show up in family trees/genealogy work. Usually a woman only keeps her maiden name attached to her full name when it's a prominent/famous name or one she's particularily proud of, Like "Eunice Kennedy Shriver".

Quote:
There are people out there, in the search world, who may very well be able to use her birth date and get you helpful information.
I did a first name + birthdate search the first day of Penny's posting. Using just a first name brings up all possibilities, no matter what name or initial is used for the middle name. In this case the search did not reveal the correct person, so I'm trying other ways of finding her.
Quote:
I have found a Barbara Eddy age 82 in Cotati, Ca. But, no other information.
Age 82 = born in 1929.
Totally the wrong person. Barbara's mother was Ida McBride.
Quote:
If Barbara McBride married young (18-19) and gave birth 1-13-1949 and named her daughter, Barbara, after herself. Then Barbara Lee Eddy became your Aunt, by marrying the brother of your Mother or Father.
Wrong. As Penny has stated, the name at birth was Barbara Lee Eddy, and that information came from the CA Birth Index (see link above). She is not an aunt by marriage, she is Penny's husband's aunt by birth.
Quote:
You said you thought her name "was or is" Barbara L. Eddy.
Because Penny doesn't know if she married. No other records have been found for her.
Quote:
Do you Mother or Father have any information at all, about their siblings, approximate age, location, etc?
Penny's husband's father is deceased. Penny's information has come from genealogy research on him. At this point in time, we cannot even find proof that Barbara was actually a member of this particular family, outside of the coincidental birth record. And what troubles me about the birth record is that it is in SF county, and all other records show the parents remaining in SD county, at least up to the father's death.

I'm also troubled that no possible Barbaras showed up in a first name + birthdate search, and that Penny's husband was not aware of her existence. This opens up the possibility that Barbara died as a child or infant. (I didn't find her in the CA death index, but not every record makes it in) So Penny, you may want to have your husband request an informational copy of the death certificate using the name and birthdate, and see if the state of CA has a record. Birth, Death, Fetal Death, Still Birth & Marriage Certificates

You could also try the Social Security's FOIA letter service, and they will contact her for you or inform you of her death, whichever applies. Social Security Online - FOIA If she's living, they won't give you any information but they will write to her and tell her you are trying to contact her. (Of course, if she died as an infant or child, they will have no record)

In the meantime, I'm going to go back to Leon Sr's records and search for living siblings or children of his siblings. If we find someone - and you want to contact them - then you can ask if they know if Leon Jr had a sister, and what became of her. I'm also going to search the SS death database manually by 1949 birth year and see if any possibility turns up (she's not there under her birth name). This will take a while.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search