U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2011, 09:51 PM

4,502 posts, read 13,042,675 times

Advertisements

It honestly sounds like this guy told her a huge story. He's probably not even from Brooklyn and I'm positive his family doesn't own anything on 5th Avenue. He was probably having fun, making up a story about what a big New Yorker he is (since most foreign people are in awe of NYC, especially Manhattan), and hoping to impress a girl.

If I were you, I would just forget him. He's a liar and he hasn't tried to keep in touch with you. What would be the point of being in touch with him now?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2011, 12:14 AM

1,933 posts, read 3,620,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by omigawd View Post
It honestly sounds like this guy told her a huge story. He's probably not even from Brooklyn and I'm positive his family doesn't own anything on 5th Avenue. He was probably having fun, making up a story about what a big New Yorker he is (since most foreign people are in awe of NYC, especially Manhattan), and hoping to impress a girl.

If I were you, I would just forget him. He's a liar and he hasn't tried to keep in touch with you. What would be the point of being in touch with him now?
It can be possible he meant 5th Avenue Brooklyn and as she speaks very broken English she could have mistaken it for 5th Avenue Manhattan. Everyone knows 5th Avenue Manhattan but never 5th Ave Brooklyn.

Old 01-05-2012, 08:20 PM
^-^ ^-^ started this thread

4 posts, read 4,209 times
He doesn't have facebook.
May be there is any national service to find people in USA? In Russia for example we have a special TV programm.
I know that he is in the army now. Is there any military base near New York?

My English is not so broken that i could have mistaken it for 5th Avenue Manhattan. He was writing, not talking and he wrote: Manhattan. TheOriginalMrsX, I'd like to hear you speaking Russian

Old 01-05-2012, 08:41 PM

1,933 posts, read 3,620,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ^-^ View Post
May be there is any national service to find people in USA? In Russia for example we have a special TV programm.

My English is not so broken that i could have mistaken it for 5th Avenue Manhattan. He was writing, not talking and he wrote: Manhattan. TheOriginalMrsX, I'd like to hear you speaking Russian
Судя вашим оригинальным постом, действительно казалось, что Вы имеете проблему с английским языком, поскольку Вы действительно приносили извинения сожалеющий о моем английском языке, я - русский фактически. Вы даже записали Манхэттан неправильно. Именно поэтому я написал, что Вы можете возможно ошибаться о 5-ой Авеню Манхэттан, потому что есть 5-ая Авеню Бруклин.
Кроме того Нью-Йорка - очень большое место и если бы он действительно хотел быть найденным или быть с Вами, он связался бы с Вами к настоящему времени. Ему 21 год и горячий кровный мужчина. Я уверен, что он не готов успокоиться теперь.
Если он, случается, связывается с Вами, или Вы действительно находите его, я желаю Вам все лучшее в удаче и любви.

Translation:

Judging by your original post, it did seem you have a problem with the English language as you did apologize sorry for my English, I am Russian actually. You even spelt Manhattan wrong. That is why I wrote you may possibly be mistaken about 5th Avenue Manhattan because there is a 5th Avenue Brooklyn.

Aside from that New York is a very big place and if he truly wanted to be found or be with you, he would have contacted you by now. He is 21 years old and a hot blooded male. I am sure he is not ready to settle down now.

If he happens to contact you or you do find him I wish you all the best in luck and love.

Old 01-05-2012, 09:47 PM

10 posts, read 12,949 times
Where did you meet him? and how did you talk to him?

Old 05-07-2012, 08:01 PM

22,599 posts, read 30,155,374 times
Quote:
Hello everyone. I met an american guy in ICQ last year. His name is Daniel. He is 21 year old as he said. He is from New York, Brooklyn. But he also told me that his family has a house on 5 ave, Manhatten. I'm sorry for my English, I'm Russian actually. All I know is that he has 5 brothers and sisters and his birthday is 22 November. He also like breakdance. I don't know his surname. We have been chatting for a whole year and then he disappeared. He told me he joined in the army recently. I remember he told me he is a pilot. May be any of you have heard of him? Unfortunately I don't know how to post a picture here and I don't want to do it without his permission. But I can describe him. He is thin, white, 5'9 tall, black hair, brown eyes, very cute. I like him very much and I'm scared for him. May be something happened...
Daniel, if you see this message, don't be angry. I just don't know how to find you! I miss you very much.
What's his ICQ name?
You should post a photo; even if you upload it temporarily to your city-data user albums so that you can delete it in a few days. My guess would be the photo isn't even him. We've had a few posts like this; so you'll have to excuse those of us that are skeptical. The ICQ name & photo would be a huge help.

Does he game?
What else do you know about him? Do you know his email addy? I don't get why you 2 would only chat via ICQ & not email too.
Just about every person that age has a facebook page

Possible he's actually a 13 year old or a very dirty old man.

Old 05-07-2012, 08:02 PM

22,599 posts, read 30,155,374 times
Quote:

5th ave NY & Brooklyn
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search