U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2011, 07:43 AM
^-^ ^-^ started this thread

4 posts, read 4,186 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone. I met an american guy in ICQ last year. His name is Daniel. He is 21 year old as he said. He is from New York, Brooklyn. But he also told me that his family has a house on 5 ave, Manhatten. I'm sorry for my English, I'm Russian actually. All I know is that he has 5 brothers and sisters and his birthday is 22 November. He also like breakdance. I don't know his surname. We have been chatting for a whole year and then he disappeared. He told me he joined in the army recently. I remember he told me he is a pilot. May be any of you have heard of him? Unfortunately I don't know how to post a picture here and I don't want to do it without his permission. But I can describe him. He is thin, white, 5'9 tall, black hair, brown eyes, very cute. I like him very much and I'm scared for him. May be something happened...
Daniel, if you see this message, don't be angry. I just don't know how to find you! I miss you very much.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2011, 11:13 AM

2,457 posts, read 6,989,272 times
Forgive me, I am not trying to be unkind, but this 21 year old American appears to be telling a Russian girl things, which may not be true, to impress her. From Brooklyn but has a house on 5th Avenue, and a pilot at age 21? All may be true, but highly unlikely.

Old 11-21-2011, 02:45 PM

Yes, I know. He may lie, but I still want to find him...

Old 11-21-2011, 03:57 PM

885 posts, read 1,457,894 times
First thing that comes to mind, mail order bride.

Second thing that comes to mind, you've been lied to.

Old 11-21-2011, 11:20 PM

No, I don't want to marry him and I don't want to move to USA. You americans always think that if a girl is Russian it means that she is looking for a rich foreign husband. It's not always true!!!

Old 11-22-2011, 05:27 PM

2,457 posts, read 6,989,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ^-^ View Post
No, I don't want to marry him and I don't want to move to USA. You americans always think that if a girl is Russian it means that she is looking for a rich foreign husband. It's not always true!!!
Of course it's not always true. I think most of us who are replying to your post are concerned that even though you may realize he has lied to you in many ways, you are still trying to find him. That is not good, in my opinion (IMO).

Old 11-22-2011, 06:29 PM

28,929 posts, read 21,549,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ^-^ View Post
Hello everyone. I met an american guy in ICQ last year. His name is Daniel. He is 21 year old as he said. He is from New York, Brooklyn. But he also told me that his family has a house on 5 ave, Manhatten. I'm sorry for my English, I'm Russian actually. All I know is that he has 5 brothers and sisters and his birthday is 22 November. He also like breakdance. I don't know his surname. We have been chatting for a whole year and then he disappeared. He told me he joined in the army recently. I remember he told me he is a pilot. May be any of you have heard of him? Unfortunately I don't know how to post a picture here and I don't want to do it without his permission. But I can describe him. He is thin, white, 5'9 tall, black hair, brown eyes, very cute. I like him very much and I'm scared for him. May be something happened...
Daniel, if you see this message, don't be angry. I just don't know how to find you! I miss you very much.
Sweetie...here's the hard reality:

If he wanted to keep in touch with you, he would have.

I say let that one go in your mind, free yourself up in your mind and go find someone else who WANTS to stay in touch with you and be your friend.

Old 11-23-2011, 01:59 AM

239 posts, read 456,391 times
I agree with the three wolves, but:
When did we start judging people here? If they need help in finding someone then provide the help or not.

@Winter2010 - what is your problem? This is not the first time you "attack" somebody who is trying to find a loved one. And you can call me hater again...I can care less.

This is a forum for people that ask for help. And there are some great researchers on here. They helped quite a few. And I sure do hope they will keep doing that. Thanks to all of you!!!

I think she understands what might have happened, but if she still wants to find him that is her business.
Good luck.

Old 12-17-2011, 08:11 AM

26 posts, read 21,888 times
have you tried facebook

Old 12-18-2011, 04:48 PM

4,221 posts, read 14,829,356 times
W/o a last name, he'd be virtually impossible to find (there's probably lots of Daniels out there from that area, it w/b like looking for a needle in a haystack).

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzlinlilly View Post
have you tried facebook
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search