U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-24-2011, 04:49 AM

2 posts, read 1,057 times

Advertisements

Hellow

I don't know if I'm doing right on this one but please hear me out...

I'm Sarah from Belgium and I'm 27 years old.
Why I want to go to Pine Ridge is: LOVE

I met a guy on the internet (Interpals). He's from Pine Ridge -he lives in the reservation, his name is Joe, he has 5brothers and 2sisters and he's a Native American. That's the only thing I know.
I don't have his address or e-mail. He deleted his profile on Interpals, so I'm looking for him and I hope somebody can help me.
If I had his address, I'd probably took the first flight from Belgium to see if everything is alright with him.

This might sound very silly and childish, but I miss him so much.

This is the first time that I look for someone and I don't know if this is going to work. But if I never try, then I'll never know...
I hope he's not going to be mad at me for this, but he already know that I love him

I know this may sound very weard, but I know he loves me too...it's a long story that I'm not going to write here

So, I hope someone will help me...
Or does someone know an easy way to find someone.

Thank you in advance.
Many greetings and happy holidays to all of you!!!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2011, 06:56 AM

2 posts, read 1,057 times
Also...I'm going to Pine Ridge anyway
Someone can always enjoy me Alone is alone....

Old 12-24-2011, 02:37 PM

2,457 posts, read 6,642,951 times
Pine Ridge, or any other Indian Reservation is not a good place, even for the Indians, but most of them have no choice. Alcoholism is the highest in any population and mental problems is very high. I have friends in Belgium so I know your living conditions and life style and I think you will have "culture shock" you may not be able to handle. It is obvious you are going anyway and nothing I write will change your mind, but there is an old American expression I must use; You are nuts if you go! And I will add; he, his seven siblings and his parent or parents are probably all living in one small house.

Last edited by ArkansasSlim; 12-24-2011 at 03:30 PM.. Reason: Add a point.

Old 12-24-2011, 09:29 PM

405 posts, read 1,201,640 times
I agree with Slim.
The reservation is no place for a woman alone.
Especially Pine Ridge with it's long history of issues.
Living conditions there are below the poverty level
for most everyone.
There is a lot of drug/alcohol abuse and violence.
And they do NOT like outsiders coming in asking questions.
IMHO you are asking for trouble if you go out there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search