Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-21-2011, 02:06 PM

3 posts, read 9,423 times

Advertisements

Hi Joanne,

My maiden name was Sonia Roque and I believe I am the Sonia you were referring to your message. I was in St. Joseph from 1960-1970 and I attended Oakside, Woodside and Assumption School. I remember Sister Mary Grace when I was in Group 1. My sister is Elpedia and brothers were Francisco, Robert and Sammy. I am not sure what you remembered about mine and your relationship but I am interested in finding out. I do remember your name and your face is vagued in my mind. If you have any pictures, I would loved to see them. You can contact me via email at soniaford78@yahoo.com.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotisflwr1 View Post
Hello to all, My maiden name was Joanne Ortiz. I have two brothers Peter and Joseph Ortiz, We all were at Kennedy and St. Joseph's Home for Children. As of recently I have been in touch with my Group Mother Sister Francis Marie. I was sent to St.Joseph's from Kennedy in 1961, I was 6 years old. My first Group Mother Was Sister Maria Grace, does this ring a bell to anyone. One of my best friend was Willermima Mendoza, She had a brother Rebuen, Irene and Evelyn who has the same birthday as me May 17th. There was also Sonia, Maritza to name a few. I went outside to school name Woodside Elementy. I ask for my records and they were sent to me. The information is very handy since both of my parents are gone. I was release in 1967 to live with my father and stepmother, the following year my brothers were release and we moved to Puerto Rico. I have some pictures that I will try to down load, one picture I have is from Woodside Class 5th grade. I like to hear from anyone who was in that time 1961-1967. I had the best childhood at St. Joseph's and my wish is to visit the place again, Sister Francis says I will not know the place since many of the old buildings have been place with Condo's etc.... If anyone would like to see what the old home look like after the home closed, visit this site call Hudson Valley Ruins Francisan, A guy name Rob and his partner find old places that been torn down, St. Joseph's is one of them. Also visit www.fmsusa.org-WHO.htm (broken link) The name now for St. Joseph's is The Sister's of Mount St. Francis. You can see some old spots of the Home....... Keep in touch Joanne
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2011, 09:15 PM

4 posts, read 9,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAS View Post
Bronxboy I know someone that lived there. I just called them and read your post to them. They said that the place closed around 1977. They haven't been up that way in some years so they don't know if the buildings are still there. They have not seen anyone that lived there for a number of years.
yes the place has been closed, and some of the older building were taken down. Last time I passed by I saw that the cottage were still up but it was taken over for needed children the keep the pool to and some of the baseball field. I now look to see what happen to some of us. It was build in 1950. i can in in 1963 and we were around 300 including the girl side. the cottages were build later on. Personl it was our life cause lots of us never made it back home with our ture parents.

Old 06-12-2011, 09:26 PM

I have live in most of the building threwout the year and have seen many kids come and go, so I really don't expect alots of us to remember everbody. I will alway remember joseph cortez because when he did be had him laid out the room just befor the main lobby where that large picture hung of joseph jr kennedy.

Old 06-12-2011, 09:30 PM

don't feel to bad that also when on in the boy building and I remember when the nuns found out..but now we can talk about it then we saw doctors trying to tell us there was something wrong with us. I live in kennedy 1963-1970 now looking and wondering what happy to the rest of us.

Old 06-13-2011, 06:00 PM

141 posts, read 353,593 times
I have a client who was in the Kennedy Home in the 70's. He now lives in adult assisted living in Yonkers. Sad case but he's a sweetheart.

Old 06-25-2011, 05:28 PM

141 posts, read 353,593 times
Did anyone know a John McGovern that worked there?

Old 07-01-2011, 04:03 AM

I found another site for kennedy home at yahoo if anyone is interested

Old 09-24-2011, 10:04 PM

1 posts, read 2,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bronxboy View Post
Anyone out there recall the Kennedy Home in the Bronx? What happened to all the kids and the buildings? It was on Stillwell Ave near Pelham Parkway.
I went by to visit around 20 years ago and the home was closed. It didnt look abandoned , btu no sign of any population and no answer to any doors. I left in 1974,

Old 10-13-2011, 12:22 PM

2 posts, read 4,692 times
Hi My name is Evelyn I was a Kennedy 3C at that same time. My sister's name was Giggles. She was with Yolanda and Aida when they got hit by the car on Pelham Parkway. I use to runaway too. I had roomate named Jackie. Would love to connect. My sister's real name was Ivalisa aka lisa/giggles. I had to fight a lot as well. Lots of suffering. I was young and my parents were a mess.

Old 10-13-2011, 12:43 PM

2 posts, read 4,692 times
My sister was with Aida and Yoli when they died. I was there as well it was very sad. I remember lots of chaos and I did a lot of fighting as well. I remember lots of racial tension too. We were young and at the mercy of the state. I would in human services now and I look forward to helping people get it together. My sister passed away in 95. Would love to connect. It was a sad time for me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search