U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2012, 11:35 AM

13,637 posts, read 18,903,563 times

Advertisements

West Chester Alumni

West Chester University Online Community - Home (http://www.alumniconnections.com/westchester/ - broken link)

They also have a Facebook page.

Joan had alot of friends, if she attended West Chester.
Some of her friends might be an easier search.

Last edited by howard555; 01-05-2012 at 12:16 PM..
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2012, 11:53 AM

8 posts, read 11,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by howard555 View Post
West Chester University Online Community - Home (http://www.alumniconnections.com/westchester/ - broken link)

They also have a Facebook page.

Joan had alot of friends, if she attended West Chester.
Some of her friends might be an easier search.
I looked at the Alumni page the other day but didn't see there was a Facebook page til now. I just posted something. Thank you.

Old 01-05-2012, 01:29 PM

1,830 posts, read 5,172,993 times
Yes, Helen, the real searchers helping you checked the University info within 5 minutes of finding the yearbook. Hopefully someone will answer your FB posting, but not many 80 yr olds are on the internet, let alone Facebook. We're working on more likely avenues, but we only post when we find something valid, and often move our discussion to DM if interferance begins on the thread.

So, let me announce, as we speak, and since my last DM to you, I just found proof of her parents' names, which turns out to be the same people I found 2 days ago but couldn't verify any connection to her. Luckily I kept them in my 4 pages of notes. This is going to be solved.

Old 01-05-2012, 03:12 PM

19,856 posts, read 63,557,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hcgCali View Post
Yes, Helen, the real searchers helping you checked the University info within 5 minutes of finding the yearbook. Hopefully someone will answer your FB posting, but not many 80 yr olds are on the internet, let alone Facebook. We're working on more likely avenues, but we only post when we find something valid, and often move our discussion to DM if interferance begins on the thread.

So, let me announce, as we speak, and since my last DM to you, I just found proof of her parents' names, which turns out to be the same people I found 2 days ago but couldn't verify any connection to her. Luckily I kept them in my 4 pages of notes. This is going to be solved.
You guys are amazing! Kudos to you all for the work you do.

Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.

Old 01-05-2012, 03:54 PM

13,637 posts, read 18,903,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helen Oster View Post
I looked at the Alumni page the other day but didn't see there was a Facebook page til now. I just posted something. Thank you.
Have you seen this?
Joan Mccausland - UK address and phone number - 192.com
3 Joan McCauslands in the UK.

Not Joan Bally in U.S.A.

Look at #1 on the attatched file, if the link does not work.
It shows the other occupant at that address as being William L.

NO, we all do not have the same search tools.
And 3-4 of the forum members think they are the only people interested in helping. It's pretty sad, and it's bad on this forum, in particular.
Attached Thumbnails
Desperately Seeking Bally from Phoukeepsie-untitled.jpg  

Old 01-05-2012, 06:34 PM

128 posts, read 310,807 times
Was there any evidence of a sister? Not to muddy the waters too much, but following another clue in the original post, I find:
Name: Barbara Bally
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1931
School: Lancaster General Hospital School of Nursing
School Location: Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Year: 1951
Yearbook Title: Nightingale
Was there a little sibling identity swap? Was Joan's middle name Barbara?

Old 01-05-2012, 07:10 PM

Yes, Zee, Barbara is one of her sisters. "Yearbook Joan" has been found. I just finished sending all the info to Helen. I'll DM you the info in a minute.

Last edited by hcgCali; 01-05-2012 at 08:18 PM..

Old 01-06-2012, 02:23 AM

8 posts, read 11,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hcgCali View Post
Yes, Zee, Barbara is one of her sisters. "Yearbook Joan" has been found. I just finished sending all the info to Helen. I'll DM you the info in a minute.
UNLESS - Adrian's mother was actually Barbara (as he thinks he remembers being told his Mum was a nurse) using her sister's name to cover her tracks? The whole family resemblance thing could mean that Joan Bally in the Year book is his aunt.

Is there any way to find a picture of Barbara?

Old 01-06-2012, 07:15 AM

128 posts, read 310,807 times
There are some group pictures, apparently graduation stuff, but she's just one face amongst about 50. Very difficult to pick out.
Also, located this record:
Name: Joan Bally
Mother's Maiden Surname: Lomas
Date of Registration: Oct-Nov-Dec 1934
Registration district: Sheffield
Inferred County: Yorkshire West Riding
Volume Number: 9c
So, I think this is probably the Joan that married McCausland.

Old 01-06-2012, 01:12 PM

Barbara's birthdate is June 22, 1932, close but still not a match. And she'd need a passport to get there, so there would still be a trail. If she used her own passport, Adrian would be looking for a Barbara, and if she had used yearbook Joan's passport, then he'd be looking for '36 not '32. But are we obsessing on the birthdate when it's possible Adrian has the wrong information on that? Is he remembering what he was told, or does he have some documentation?

Helen, I'm sending you Barbara's contact info. If this is the right family, regardless of which sister, then she's more likely to have the answers than Joan's husband.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search